Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Antenna Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antenna Problem

Hey guys, I searched for a similar problem to my antenna but i didn't find anything, so i decided to start a thread on it. Everytime i turn the car on or off, the antenna automatically goes up and down, naturally. The thing is that it makes a loud noise when going up and down. I'm not sure if its a mechanical problem or if the thing needs to be oiled. Incase its a mechanical problem, does anyone know how much it is to get it replaced? Can I use one of those universal ones in any auto store ? Thanks in advance guys.

well the cheep way to stop it is to just disconect it. all you have to do is remove the interior cover and its self explanitory. Idn how much a new one is cause mine does the same thing its prob. just the gears in it that are stripped but it might help if you oil the antenna part of it but it prob. wont do anything. your best bet is to just buy a new one. dont bother with a used cuz it will end up doin the same thing sooner or later its a common problem. call your local dealer to see how much a new one is
    Hellz yeah im now workin at HONDA

Comment

"If you wanna get a replacement antenna that doesnt move. Well, this is my opinion so im just givin you ideas. I would let the old antenna be there. You can pull the tip up a bit or any height and TADA! a working antenna that doesn't move. What it higher? Pull it up. Want it lower? Push it down. Thats what I did on mine , I just disconnected the power that moves the antenna up and down. Now its a manual antenna."

That's what i read in another post. Does anyone know where I disconnect this power? I figured it might be in the antenna motor, but a friend suggested that it could be near the ignition wires or the battery. Does anyone know exactly where I can find it?

Comment

its in the trunk pull away the panel and right below the modulator there is a connector for it just pull that appart and ur set!
        Hellz yeah im now workin at HONDA

Comment

As for me i think it looks stupid when the antenna is up all the way. so i just popped out the stereo and cut the wire so that it doesnt get any power to raise it or lower it. its a little bit easier than taking out the trunk panel to get to it IMO.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
          New people click here

Comment

when i got my car from a dealer, stock, my antenna didnt work and was just unplugged so i went with the simple soultion, shaved that bitch and im just going to get one that goes on your windsheild

Comment

Originally posted by kelton
              As for me i think it looks stupid when the antenna is up all the way. so i just popped out the stereo and cut the wire so that it doesnt get any power to raise it or lower it. its a little bit easier than taking out the trunk panel to get to it IMO.

I took out my antenna a while back...had to take out the trunk interior paneling as well...never put them back in...never missed them either....

the best thing for you would be is to get a stubby antenna and attach a antenna signal amplifier....its probably going to be cheaper than a full antenna assembly...plus it looks way better IMO

disclaimer: FM signal amplifiers will only work on weak antennas...otherwise it may over amplify the signal and cause unpleasant static.
              DEVOTE

Comment

hmm i never seen one of those. Does it get good signal?

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                New people click here

Comment

Working...
                X