Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Struts/shocks & springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struts/shocks & springs

Well, it's time I actually fix my bouncy bouncy ride. All the shocks are blown, probably something about 197000 miles on stock ride

I've been searching and looking on eBay..

So far, I am thinking either Tokico HP w/ springs from eBay ($364) or there are some KYB AGX shocks for $290 w/o springs. I think I saw some Eibach springs for ~ $70 on eBay as well though.

Is it even a good idea to consider keeping the stock springs when getting the new shocks/struts?

I've read a bunch on here, so I think either of those two are a good choice for my 91 coupe. I mainly use it for driving back and forth to work..and uh..racing around a dirt track. I'll be removing my 2" spring spacers I put in (mmm ghetto lift!)

(do you see enough threads on this stuff?)

get NEW springs...the old ones are worn! ..if you're getting new shocks/struts...then its WISE to get NEW springs!!

just save yourself the headache and get new springs! you'll thank me later!

Comment

Dont do the cheap way. Just get the whole coilover setup. Youll be happy.

Itll probally run to about 600$ to 900$. Im geting the nex ss or nex gt setup to replace my shitty setup i got.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993hAccord
        Itll probally run to about 600$ to 900$.
        Ouch! That's more than I paid for the car when I bought it! I don't think coilover is the way to go for me, I'm not doing autox or anything extravagant...just fixing the ride quality a bit!

Looks like the Toxico w/ springs on eBay is the way to go price/performance wise for my needs.

Comment

Like I stated earlier....GET NEW SPRINGS WITH YOUR NEW SHOCKS/STRUTS!!!

I REPEAT!

Comment

Originally posted by 1993hAccord
            Dont do the cheap way. Just get the whole coilover setup. Youll be happy.

Itll probally run to about 600$ to 900$. Im geting the nex ss or nex gt setup to replace my shitty setup i got.
            WOW, I didn't know they're that much?? sheese!!

Comment

personally if ur on a budget and cant afford the coilovers then i would go to autozone get struts from there and get the eibach drop for ur car best ride i ever had on a accord mine is a 92 when i got the money up i got tokico illumina struts and its an even better ride i even put the same set up on my wifes 2002 dodge stratus and she loves it u dont get the "ricer bounce"
              sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
              the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Springs rarely give out unless you want to go aftermarket. The bounciness is caused by your shocks wearing out. Get those changed out.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by MY_1st_90CB7
                  WOW, I didn't know they're that much?? sheese!!
                  Well yeah.

If you want to get a really good setup hat dont brake on youn shit. The only reason why im spending 600$ is cause my struts are brakeing n some pieces are bending. My back springs are loose as hell. My sitting is like crushed n not sitting in right.

Comment

i got the hp tokico deal on ebay with the shocks and tokico springs for 360 they ride smooth but wish it was lower
                    Im Big and Im Andy!!

Comment

I guess it depends on if you want a drop or not. If you do, get both springs and struts, otherwise if you're not interested in a drop and you only want a fresh pair of replacement struts for the car, then you can go for something like KYB GR2's. If you want a drop and end up getting new springs, the struts you mentioned before (KYB AGX) would be good for the drop.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

I'm running tokico HP shocks on my red accord, they are a stock upgrade for good price and the tokico HP springs will give you a realistic 0.75" front drop and 1.25-2" drop in rear. See post # 13 on thread below for table I made. You will not need a camber kit front or rear for the full tokico HP kit.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=24996

I now have H&R sport springs (1.75 F/1.5 R) on same tokico shocks. I have -1.6 deg camber up front (no camber kit, that's why it's 0.6 deg off) and rear camber is fine (no camber kit needed).
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                        X