Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil Filter Remove Qeustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filter Remove Qeustion

okay is there a way to eliminate oil from spilling out when remove oil filter.?? everytime i did an oil change and when it come to get the old oil filter out..oil would spill out alot and run down to downpipe and all over...

MY 1n2 CB7

Thats what it does. Just wipe it off with a rag.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Thats what it does. Just wipe it off with a rag.

Yeah...I just leave the pan under the filter, then give the block a quick wipe.
      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Note: Make sure the old gasket came off the old filter too and not still on the block when you reinstall the new filter.

Comment

put a rag over the down pipe when you drain the oil

Comment

Seriously, just clean it up and quit worrying bout it, Peace

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

i usually get a rag and spray some brake clean on it and just wipe the oil off,

if it really pisses you off, buy on oil filter relocation kit, google it or something and it will come up
              Members Ride

Comment

is the cooked oil smell for a few miles or the fear of someone seeing some oil ontop of your down pipe the problem?

I got the privilage of changing my oil/filter today... my car is settin a a 8 inch hole in the ice on my driveway and I have a POS cheap jack. sliding down in the hole between the body kit and ice is easy, getting out without braking fiberglass or bumping the shadyass jack isnt as easy. the 20F weather was nice tho.
                Last edited by Akira_kj; 03-05-2007, 03:20 AM.
                I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

i just bought a brand new jack from Sears yesterday. it slides in realllllllly low and then within 2 motions, it's up to the body.

Comment

try draining the oil out of the whatcha ya call it umm errm the drain plug??? lol jk man.

yah that is a pain i remme the first time i changed the oil years ago heh heh 1 hour later and my whole arm is covered in oil hahahahahaha
                    1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

I was just thinking if it really bothers you, you could drill a hole in the filter, since its gonna be trashed anyway, and let the oil leak out through there....might help

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Man I hate Honda oil filter locations! its always a biatch to rech them. Toyota puts them where your can reach them from the top, not the bottom.

anyways the kid got the last oil changed from jibbly lube, any idea on what brand filter they use, I assume crappy fram. I need to know so I can buy the proper oil filter wrench since that SOB is on real tight and I cant loosen it with my hands. I hate when they over tighten them.

I just did a ghettoe oil change where I just did the oil and not the filter since it was so cold, I hope to do a proper change in a couple of weeks when it hopefully gets warmer.
                        1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
                        ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
                        OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

when I worked changing oil at a honda dealer for a living we used brake clean to deal with the cleanup after changing the filter.
                          '90 Accord LX, 5spd.

Comment

that is the reason why i do all of my own oil changes. everyone in the past has always OVER tighten the drain plug where the edges get rounded off or
                            the filter is on so tight that you need the GI Joe Kungfu grip to get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                              that is the reason why i do all of my own oil changes. everyone in the past has always OVER tighten the drain plug where the edges get rounded off or
                              the filter is on so tight that you need the GI Joe Kungfu grip to get it off.

HII-YAH...LMAO...yeah..no shit...me and BF was doing some work to my car..and he told me to get the oil filter off...well..being a woman...I couldn't get it off...so I told him to get it...LOL..he even said it was on a little tight..but he got it off !

Comment

Working...
                              X