Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Noisy and loose windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy and loose windows

I tried to read aero's DIY about fixing noisy loose windows , but i think it was for coupes only.

Ok heres the thing. My 2 rear wondows are kind messed up. When i roll em down they work fine but when I roll em up the like lean to the other side and grind until it goes up. I tightend up all the screws inside but it is still hella loose. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

You try adjusting it? If I remember you can slightly adjust the rear regulator. But is everything in the rails and such? You try lubing them up to see if they go up smoother? You never know could be catching something in the rails.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      You try adjusting it? If I remember you can slightly adjust the rear regulator. But is everything in the rails and such? You try lubing them up to see if they go up smoother? You never know could be catching something in the rails.
      yeah i tried adjusting it. It even scratched my fingers lol. I also tried lubing them up. It went a lil smoother but it's still loose and grinds. I bet your right there could be something catching on the rails. I'll recheck it when I have time. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
        yeah i tried adjusting it. It even scratched my fingers lol. I also tried lubing them up. It went a lil smoother but it's still loose and grinds. I bet your right there could be something catching on the rails. I'll recheck it when I have time. Thanks
        You can try to just lube up the tracks, and see if that helps.

Use silicon spray (NOT WD-40), and spray it in the tracks on the sides of the windows, and roll them up/down while spraying. That might help quite a bit.

If not, you can adjust them a little at the bottom of the window with the two screws where it connects to the window motor frame, but dont over-tighten those screws, because that plastic that it goes into strips kinda easy.

Comment

You could use lithium grease to lube up the rails too =D. Thats what I used works wonders. Basically lube up all moving parts. WD40 sucks as mentioned doesnt last for a long time lol. After a couple up and down its basically wore out plus not really good for rubber.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by aero
            You can try to just lube up the tracks, and see if that helps.

Use silicon spray (NOT WD-40), and spray it in the tracks on the sides of the windows, and roll them up/down while spraying. That might help quite a bit.

If not, you can adjust them a little at the bottom of the window with the two screws where it connects to the window motor frame, but dont over-tighten those screws, because that plastic that it goes into strips kinda easy.

I used silicon spray for the front and it worked beautifully. Windows go up faster than ever. However, the silicon didn't do it's job well for the rears. But, I did what you and Nail05 said about adjusting by doing the screws. It help a bit so I guess im on the right track. More time and better temperature is all I need lol. Thanks for the info

Originally posted by NAiL05
            You could use lithium grease to lube up the rails too =D. Thats what I used works wonders. Basically lube up all moving parts. WD40 sucks as mentioned doesnt last for a long time lol. After a couple up and down its basically wore out plus not really good for rubber.
            Yeah WD40 sucks at some places. Imma redo my windows tomorrow since it got to do some of the work today. Thanks for the info

Comment

off track
              Street Racing is Lyfe
              Crip is How We Roll

Comment

Working...