Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

high temperatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high temperatures

ok..I had my car at the shop for a few days. I went to pick it up tonight and when I started it in a matter or minutes the temp gauge showed halfway. Now the car hasn't really run for anymore then 5 mins at a time in the last two weeks and the outside temp is like -4.
    Then we move on to driving, I was going down the highway and the temp gauge showed the line right before red but stayed there, come off the highway and stop at a red light it goes down to halfway, start back up again and it goes back up, never futher then the last line before the red.
    I got home after 45mins of driving and decided to pop the hood, I felt the rad hoses first, Warm but not over heating warm, valve cover was warm and I could my hand there for as long as I can stay awake, head was warm but nothing out of the ordinary. Smelled around, no smell of rad fluid or anything.
    Now I replaced my temp gauge last week cause the old one broke. I also have fresh coolant in the rad topped up, The heater doesn't blow hot air, just very luke warm air. engine runs fine no loss of power or anything.
    Any suggestions? Just the gauge is screwed or something or the temp sensor?

Bleed your cooling system. Doesnt sound like they did a good job of that. That can cause the lukewarm air too.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

alrighty....well It is still doing it. I bled the system and topped it off and bleed it a bit again. Started it up and still doing it. I pulled my rad out tonight to change it since I have a new one kicking around anyway. I took the thermostat out and tested it in boiling water to see if it would open a bit and no luck...didn't budge.
      I also noticed today my fan doesn't come on....I am going to swap it for another tomorrow night and see what happens as well as switch out the relays. I already replaced the coolant temp sensor but there is another sensor as well on the gooseneck isn't there?

Comment

Might need to change your t-stat if it didnt budge since its supposed to. When you turn on the AC does both your fans come on? IF they do they are fine. Also since you changed the radiator make sure you plugged them in.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Might need to change your t-stat if it didnt budge since its supposed to. When you turn on the AC does both your fans come on? IF they do they are fine. Also since you changed the radiator make sure you plugged them in.
          I don't have AC. Took it out when we did the H22 swap last september. Ya I am thinking tstat. I am going to put one up tomorrow as well. As for the fan..well I might have to toggle switch it for now. How do you hook it up to run off a switch. Hook a wire up from the battery to a switch the to the fan?

Comment

please keep us updated since I have the same issue.

car overheats even in -5 temps. gets near redline but never to it yet, recently replaced radiator, need to double check if the moron mechanic plugged the fans in since they dont seem to come on.

Im thinking its a thermostat issue, Where is our t stats? upper hose or bottom hose?

and the temps reduce when I turn the heat on full blast, and the heat is extremely hot, I can barely touch the door handles with the heat pointing on them since it makes them extremely hot after a while.
            1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
            ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
            OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

keep us updated.. i got this problem too and now my car doesnt work in none of the gears. at first i believe it was a plug right under where the top HOSE from the radiator connect to. it was broken off. i heard that plug is what control the fans.. now as far as the heating problem i never figure it out. i open the thermostat to bleed any hot air inside since i have remove the radiator to change the hose then i believe my engine is fucked cuz the car wouldnt move but the transmission is good. fly wheel isnt spinnin . so PLEASE STOP DRIVIN THE CAR!! TAKE UR SENSOR SERIOUSLY! OR U"LL END UP LIKE ME RIGHT NOW! all good. this is a piece of shit f22a1 engine anyways. gon get me a h22a beginnin of next month. thank god i got friends whos gonna help me install and use his shop for 30 bucks =)
              DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

where can I buy a coolent temp sensor? any auto store or do I have to get it from the dealer?
                OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

Comment

it wouldn't hurt to try a local parts store. i usually call them first before i resort to a dealer for parts unless it's something cheap like a gasket.

Comment

Yea you cam either get them at a local autoparts store or the dealerships thermostats are pretty cheap i got mine at autozone but i plan on replacing it with am oem one since somethings my temp needle moved down when i sped up in cold weather but it hasnt overheated...

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                    Frost White Member 13
                    My Ride
                    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

I had an opposite problem with mine. It would be at normal operating temperatures and I would be driving down the road and all of a sudden the temp guage would bottom out, and then work its way back up again.

Took it to the dealership and they pulled the thermostat, and it was stuck wide open. That explains that, but I def. recommend trying to do it yourself. At $75/hour, Honda dealerships pretty much rape you haha

Comment

where is our thermostat? upper radiator hose or lower? and car it be replaced from above or do you need to get under the car?

Comment

it's near the upper radiator hose and yeah change it from above. do pay careful attention to not replace the new Tstat backwards.
                          i have known people to do that.

Comment

. trace the lower radiator hose to the thermostat housing. Its in there. Also, it wont go on backwards. Sping in the block.Remember that. No need to get under the car. Chit, I dont even drain the coolant. I just let it pour out the block, replace the tstat, then, refill and bleed.
                            Last edited by Fake Thug; 03-08-2007, 08:54 PM.

Comment

thanks, also will a lot of coolant leak out? do I need to drain it first?

I ask because in an online article they said you dont need, to replace the coolant, some will come out but you can reuse that and you wont need to bleed the coolant.

Comment

Working...
                              X