Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

difference in exhaust from different year/models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

difference in exhaust from different year/models?

I replaced the f22a1 in my '90 LX with an f22a6 from a '93 EX. didn't have the downpipe so I put the a1 exhaust manifold on but im going to look for an exh system in good shape from the wrecking yard because I want the factory bolt it together location back(previos owner welded in a new cat so its one from peice downpipe to muffler )

is there a difference in pipe size or anthing other then the dual tip muffler option between years and models? I could use a better condition muffler anyway so id probally grab an entire exhaust but not the manifold itself(came with motor).
    '90 Accord LX, 5spd.

i dont think the size is different i just think on some models the mainfold is a one peice and the other its a two peice i got a stock one if u need it 2 peice
    93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

Just buy an ebay one. Its just a cast header(a6) vs a tubular style(a1) thats all.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

A6=cast, A1 is also Cast, A4 is tubular steel manifold. I have the stock A6 exhaust manifold. its the rest of the exhaust system im looking for so I can put the A6 exhaust manifold on. right now I have the A1 manifold on untill I get something to bolt up to the A6 manifold. I was hoping to change just the downpipe but previos owner cut out the flanges to bolt it to the cat when he welded in the new cat
        '90 Accord LX, 5spd.

Comment

I thought a4 was cast....Maybe my 90EX was an exception...

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Just buy an ebay one. Its just a cast header(a6) vs a tubular style(a1) thats all.
            x2 i got one off ebay for 130 i like it
            93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

I guess im going to have to put something in my sig about how im not asking about buying stuff from EBay and that when I do want to buy stuff from EBay I will say so specifically in my post.
              '90 Accord LX, 5spd.

Comment

Working...
              X