Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

quike question, please help if u can.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quike question, please help if u can.

when i first bought my car it read the gas fine, now for some reason, after im driving for a while the gas needle just drops, it stops working, yet if i hit the dash board alittle on top of the cluster, the needle starts to rise again, oly for a little while than it drops again, this sux, today i ran outta gas for the first time because of that dumb thing, anyone have an idea why this happens?

My freind's does the same thing because he messed it up installing white face gauges. Only other thing could be the sending unit but if you can hit it an get a reaction then idk what could be wrong. You haven't messed with it at-all right?

Comment

hitting the dash board helps?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

lol, yes it does help. oh and no, i havent mess with the gueges at all. i found out that it worked hitting it because one day i was late for work and i was stuck in traffic for a while, than i looked at the gas and it was completely down, i mean pass the "E" down, so i got frustrated and hit the top of the dash and the needle started to rise, but like i said only for a little while.

Comment

hmmm, and were you low on gas?

Comment

^ haha that made me laugh. but ya check your fuel sender and you might need a new one? but then again that might not be it because if you hit the dash board makes it works hmm.. hopefully somebody can help

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
            New people click here

Comment

well the reason i ran out of gas today is cause my dad used it yesterday and i forgot to ask him if it needed gas today or if it was ok, so i just left like that (big mistake, and stupid, i know). yeah hopefully some one will know, maybe the gas gauge is just shorting out or idk, it sucks though.

Comment

Your sender is either on its way out or you have a wiring issue. I am gonna say check wiring first if its working after you hit the top of the dash. Another thing could be your cluster takin a shit on you. Good thing to check also. After all that checks out check the sender which in this case really doesnt sound like it IMO.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

cool thanx!

Comment

Working...
                  X