Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trunk Condensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Condensation

Hey guys, I know there is a lot of info about trunk leaks on here. So I replaced my tail gaskets and ran a hose over it, everything appeared to be fine, there is still water in one tail light that I couldn't drain out. What can I do about that? Also, I still have condensation on the top of my trunk, bottom of the lid. Is this normal?
    Click for my ride thread.

Leave it out in the sun and let it evaporate. Easiest cheapest method.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

There is no sun over here in seattle... as of now. So if I leave the water in the taillight is that going to keep feeding the moisture into the trunk? So condensation is not normal?

Comment

Ehh it will feed some moisture but shouldnt be much depending on how badly its filled up. you can get some heat which works also. Or if you really want to empty it pull the whole light out dump out the water and give it some blow drying should dry it. Just dont blow dry too long you might melt the plastic housing.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

stick your ride in the garage and leave your trunk open as well as the garage and just let the wind take care of your wetness (LOL)..it worked for mine when it was cloudy with at least a 5 mph wind blowing. But this only worked until the next rainy day so im guessing it'll help.

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Hey another Seattleite?!?! Awesome, yea I had the same problem when I bought mine. I just ended up replacing both taillights cuz it was really bad. A cheaper, easier fix than that if you've already done the gaskets, and yes you'll want to get that water out cuz it can damage the bulbs and stuff, drill a few small holes in the bottom of the taillights so it can drain, pretty simple takes about ten minutes. There you go! Hey were you live?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

there should a diy on this i have them on both my cb7s

Comment

Well yeah, I took out the taillight and shook out as much water as I could. There is just a very small puddling and then some water drops inside the housing. I thought this would just dry out, since it used to have wayyyyy more water in it. I figured replacing the gaskets would seal out the trunk. But then I still had some condensation on the top. argh. So I was just wondering if others get the condensation. I don't want my trunk to still be wet...

Drilling a small hole seems like it would just let more moisture go back in? The small amount of water in the tail isn't bothering me, it's the water still in the trunk.

Edit: I live in Bellevue area. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I have an RSX or Audi like my friends. But hey, cb7 FTW!!!
                Last edited by ilovemycb7; 02-23-2007, 04:29 PM. Reason: Adding something I forgot

Comment

Working...
                X