Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wont start

My car wont start because it gets no spark, i searched and and i it said it could be the ignitor or coil, but since i found alitle bit of oil inside the dizzy i just replaced it with a new one but the car still wont start. I dont think its the plugs or plug wires because they are still kinda new, but who knows that could be it? Also the check engine light stays on, it doesnt blink it just stays on. I tried looking for codes but i got nothing. Any help would be greatly apeciated, thanks in advance

Edit: I forgot to mention that the new dizzy came with a new ignitor and coil
    Last edited by brownlx; 02-22-2007, 06:44 PM.

i just had this problem with mine. It ended up being the Ignition Control Module (ICM) It is under the distributor cap on the bottom with 4 wires connected to it. Take the Cap off with a 8mm socket, romove the rotor, remove the plastic cover and you will see it. Get a fillips head screw driver take the 2 screws out from the bottom unplug the wires and there you go. The ICM cost about 80 buck at Auto zone.
    Last edited by scrunkness; 02-23-2007, 02:41 PM.
    AMMO IYAAYAS

Comment

Ttt

Comment

there is a fuse in the driver side kick panel i believe it says ecu, check that and make sure its not blown, also the the ground at the thermostat housing
        Members Ride

Comment

Does it turn over ?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7tuner2000
            Does it turn over ?
            Im a noob and semi retarded, i dont know what turn over means. if that means if it sounds like its about to start then no it doesnt turn over.

Comment

well then i that means you also got another problem. Im not gonna mention it cuz im not sure if that.

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                there is a fuse in the driver side kick panel i believe it says ecu, check that and make sure its not blown, also the the ground at the thermostat housing
                The ECU fuse looks good, havent checed the ground at the thermostat housing but ill check as soon as i can

thanks for th help guys

Comment

Have someone crank the motor while the distributer cap is off and see if the rotor turns. If not then you broke a timing belt.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

Originally posted by rlyons
                    Have someone crank the motor while the distributer cap is off and see if the rotor turns. If not then you broke a timing belt.
                    Wow i would have never thought of the timing belt, igues it sliped my mind since i never see the damn thing. Ill chek it tomorrow, its too late now. I shure hope thats it cuz im all out of ideas

thanks for the help man

Comment

Well i cheked the timing belt and it was fine. If any one has any other tips please let me know. Thanks

Comment

did you check for saprk. stick a screw driver in your wire and place it on top of your valve cover and turn over your motor. if u see spark that aint it if you dont theres your problem.
                        if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

Originally posted by japspecb7
                          did you check for saprk. stick a screw driver in your wire and place it on top of your valve cover and turn over your motor. if u see spark that aint it if you dont theres your problem.
                          Yea tried thad already and i got no spark

Comment

Try replacing your Main Relay fuse under the dash. Honda's are notorious for this.

Also, how did it die on you? While you were driving? Elaborate a bit here...

Comment

Originally posted by civicboisi
                              Try replacing your Main Relay fuse under the dash. Honda's are notorious for this.

Also, how did it die on you? While you were driving? Elaborate a bit here...
                              Already replaced the main relay, it was from a junk yard off of an accord that had just got there. that main relay looked good beter than my old one, although im not 100% shure it works. By the way what does the main relay affect fule or spark? i always thought it was fule but now im not shure.

The car died in my driveway (i got luky it wasnt in the street). It semed fine all day, went to school and back put it in the drive way, and as i was about to turn it off it died and hasnt started since

Comment

Working...
                              X