Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should've gotten a new Main Relay. They're only 40 bucks. Getting these types of parts from junkyards aren't usually ideal. Sounds like its your relay or ignition coil...that or a bad starter,ground wires, etc.

Comment

As someone said check the t-stat ground. You dont need to buy a main relay there is a cheaper method which you just resolder the insides and its useable again. I would check your ground to t-stat if all else fails you got a dud for the ecu. If I remember it goes ECU-coil-dizzy-plug wires or something like that for the wiring diagram gotta check that out again.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

How do you check the t-stat? With a test light or some thing else?

Comment

i say its the distributer
          93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

I for got to mention that my transmision is realy bad, The TCU is throwing codes 1,2,3,7,8, & 14. Could the transmision have anythindg to do with the car not wanting to start? sorry i didnt mention this earlier
            Thanks for the help

Comment

Please help

Comment

I read on here that some guy also had no spark and it was because his fuel injectos wrent working? could this also hapen if the fule pump aint working? I use to be able to hear the fule pump hum before i would turn the car on, but now i cat hear it no more. I thought it was because of the main relay but i bought a brand new one yeserday and i still cant hear the fule pump.

Also what does it mean when the check engine light stays on?

Thanks

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    As someone said check the t-stat ground. You dont need to buy a main relay there is a cheaper method which you just resolder the insides and its useable again. I would check your ground to t-stat if all else fails you got a dud for the ecu. If I remember it goes ECU-coil-dizzy-plug wires or something like that for the wiring diagram gotta check that out again.

BTW, a soldering gun is about 16 bucks along with wires next to the gun in a Radio Shack store. Just got one! The only downside, is that mine didn't come with instructions, most likely cuz it's not that difficult to use.

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

The one reason why your fuel injectors aren't workin' is PROBABLY cuz of the quality of gas in the first place. Just a word of advice...DO NOT GET GAS FROM QT (QuickTrip) OR RACETRAC..bad quality. This was what caused my fuel injectors to fock up and forced me to get em cleaned out!

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                        The one reason why your fuel injectors aren't workin' is PROBABLY cuz of the quality of gas in the first place. Just a word of advice...DO NOT GET GAS FROM QT (QuickTrip) OR RACETRAC..bad quality. This was what caused my fuel injectors to fock up and forced me to get em cleaned out!
                        Na man, my fuel injectors are working fine. I was just saying that some guy on some other thread had no spark and it was because his injectors wernt working, i dont remember to well but i think it was because of a bad wire behind a fuse or something. And i was wondering if a proplem in the fuel system would cause the engine to have no spark, because right now i cant hear mi fule pump hum and im thinking that might be whats wrong with my car.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by brownlx
                          My car wont start because it gets no spark, i searched and and i it said it could be the ignitor or coil, but since i found alitle bit of oil inside the dizzy i just replaced it with a new one but the car still wont start. I dont think its the plugs or plug wires because they are still kinda new, but who knows that could be it? Also the check engine light stays on, it doesnt blink it just stays on. I tried looking for codes but i got nothing. Any help would be greatly apeciated, thanks in advance

Edit: I forgot to mention that the new dizzy came with a new ignitor and coil
                          Check your ignition timing afterwards?

Code 0

faulty ecu. Check the main ecu electrical connector and check that ground on the thermostat housing.If those check out, take off your ecu and take to honda and have them check it or get one out of the junkyard.
                          Last edited by Fake Thug; 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Totally, check that ecu main. Peace

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

it crank??? maybe no gas? gas pump? kill switch from the alarm (relay went bad) ?? check all ur fuses? u accident disconnected that amplifier lookin thing by the power steering pump in the engine bay? ignition coil? dead battery? stolen spark plugs?
                              DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Well I got a new ecu yesterday, well not realy new its from a junk yard, and the car is still the same. The only thing i can think of now is a bad ecu conector. By the way the check engine light is always on not just when im looking for codes, what does that mean?
                                Any way thanks alot guys youve all been a big help

Comment

Working...
                                X