Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Calling All Ecu Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy
    haha, i hate the damn willems. I tried using phatdoughnuts once, it took me like an hour to figure it out

make sure that the rom editor window you are using is closed. nothing should be open except the program you are using to burn.

also, make sure you have the chip installed correctly. on the burner and ecu.

haha...ya making it sounds so prehistoric...i dont think its that badd...ill take a pic of it tomorrow with my cellie and post it up...
    A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Originally posted by MRX

map being sent now
      thx for the map...i got it now...i will burn it to a chip and try it out this weekend when i have time...i will let ya kno wat happens...

Comment

time fo bed ppl cuz i gotta be at work at 6 in da morning...

Comment

I work in the automotive industry and we use at least 7 different programmers and they only work with specific chips, your programmer needs to be setup with the right chip and the right algorithm, I haven't tried to program chips for this purpos but I'm sure I have the proper tools to complete this task, just send me a PM, I'll be glad to help in any way I can

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
            willems and moates are only the most popular in the car tuning world...theres a whooooooole nother slew of programmers out there tho. Since he said its at his job i bet its somethin we've never heard of

edit: yup, one of them big ass ones
            yea i just ordered the moates chip burner last nite...n since i live in NJ...it should be at my house by saturday or sooner...

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
              yea i just ordered the moates chip burner last nite...n since i live in NJ...it should be at my house by saturday or sooner...
              I'm coming over... (seriously, I gotta get together with you once you get it working! I have a program that I need burned, and I don't know anyone local with a burner! acclude91 fell off the face of the earth again, so I'll never see that chip )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                I'm coming over... (seriously, I gotta get together with you once you get it working! I have a program that I need burned, and I don't know anyone local with a burner! acclude91 fell off the face of the earth again, so I'll never see that chip )
                kool wit me...wat part of jersey u live at...?

Comment

i got the burner yesterday...installed it n burned my first chip...the program i burned was one that MRX gave me...when installed the P06 chipped ecu and turned on the car...NO CEL...i was so freakin happy...i turned on the car, happy as hell but then somethin happened...i couldnt rev past 3500RPMs...so i burned another chip with one of my own custom maps...that chip worked beautifully...it needs alittle tweekin but that alright...i just kno that i can now progress...i guess the burner at my job just couldnt burn the SST 29SF512 chips correctly...owell...

Comment

o yea DEEVERGOTE...since i got the burner now...hit me up so we can discuss when ya can stop by to burn your chip...aight...

Comment

Awesome, thanks man!

Comment

Not really on subject but is there a thread on where to get the equipment and part and such and how to use some programs to do ecus?

Comment

I'm an idoit sorry for some reason I posted that before searching, founds lots thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
                            i got the burner yesterday...installed it n burned my first chip...the program i burned was one that MRX gave me...when installed the P06 chipped ecu and turned on the car...NO CEL...i was so freakin happy...i turned on the car, happy as hell but then somethin happened...i couldnt rev past 3500RPMs...so i burned another chip with one of my own custom maps...that chip worked beautifully...it needs alittle tweekin but that alright...i just kno that i can now progress...i guess the burner at my job just couldnt burn the SST 29SF512 chips correctly...owell...
                            ummm...are you sure that wasn't a full throttle launch set at 3500rpm?

edit: yup that was just the full throttle launch. You have to be going over 6 mph for it to deactivate
                            Last edited by MRX; 02-26-2007, 12:50 AM.
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I still have to try my new map to see if lowering the mph from 10 to 5 or whatever you set it too will stop my 1st gear cut.

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
                                ummm...are you sure that wasn't a full throttle launch set at 3500rpm?

edit: yup that was just the full throttle launch. You have to be going over 6 mph for it to deactivate
                                o ok...shoot then thats kool then...ill try your map out again...i didnt kno u set the full throttle launch control...ill try it out when the snow around here melts...cuz there nothing but snow and ice around here...thx MRX...

Comment

Working...
                                X