Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stock rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock rods

this has probably been covered before and i tried searching but it isnt working that good right now but what kind of horsepower can the stock piston rods and piston hold up too

The rods are safe to 350 or so on a good tune, I've seen a video of an h23 (Same rods as f22) make 540whp before two rods shot out the side of the block.

Pistons are really yet to be determined, but I think within a year, people will be making 300whp on them, the closest yet is in the 280 range (For F series stuff)

L8r
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

im ganna take my blown f22a4 and i want to rebuild it with all new parts but i want to put new stock rods and pistons in it and see how much horsepower i can make with those without blowing it

Comment

so i guess from this thread..it's safe enough to add boost for the SOHC F22 like some already have?

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

This is pretty good improtant info for someone like me who doesnt want to have to put a whole lot of money in the engine to boost it, besides the actual turbo kit with the injectors 'n shyt.

Comment

so it is safe to say that i would be able to make atleast around 300 hp on all new stock internals?

Comment

Originally posted by 90accord22EX
              so it is safe to say that i would be able to make atleast around 300 hp on all new stock internals?
              In theory yes you can make 300 hp on all new stock internals. But how long will it last is the question. You have to remember its brand new but its still weak. Its still stock. You can put a big turbo on there and it can blow that "new" setup very quickly.

Comment

Rings wont hold that power for long depending on motor. Some do some dont. But it all ends up to your tune how good it is.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im going to try and make around 300 hp on new stock internals. do you think i should just hone the cylinders or do you think i should bore it .020

Comment

I think tuning is definately the key here, I'd feel safe at 300 hp with the rods though but its all in the tune. As for the pistons in my expierience its been the high rpm that really kills them. Since you have an f22 which is already sleeved why not run forged? Forged pistons probably wouldn't be all that much more expensive than the stockers anyways. just a thought.
                    www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
                    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

tuning is everything, you could have a built motor, and without a good tune you can blow it. and have a stock motor have a good tune and make more power. but yea, there's a guy in omaha that's building a 1000 hp f series, of course it's built...

Comment

you could make 400hps easy, with a good tune. thats comming from d112.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

thanks i think im ganna stay with rebuilding it with new stock internals and i know 2 good places around me that are good with tunning and they do nothing but hondas and acuras

Comment

Working...
                          X