Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

So is this an Alternator problem? (Referring from my other thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this an Alternator problem? (Referring from my other thread)

Today tryin' to go to my boys' house to chill over there. On the way to the gas station first, filled it up and knew it wouldn't start right away. Waited and tried a couple times to start in between the 20-30 minutes of sitting by the pump. Finally started waited about 3 minutes, took off from the pump, made a U turn under a bridge, and it made a klunk noise and my cb just completely shut off with the oil and battery light on. Pulled over luckily into a parkin' lot at Joe's Crabshack, and waited for another frickin' 20 minutes. This time i did this!...I slightly left the passenger and driver door opened. Where it's NOT shut all the way and the belt thing DOESN'T hug your boobies and the door indicators are on for both. It started after a while, and my car had NO problem of shutting off what-so-ever on the 20 minute drive to my buds house...I know this has to do with somethin' electrical, and plus i got a new battery, new starter, and new thermal valve around the beginning of 05'... new PCV valve, new belts, new oil near the end of 06'. So i JUST need someone here knows what i mean and what im goin' thru and/or to give me any lil info that might help, or even suggestions and advice. Is this an Alternator problem or what else could it be?
    Last edited by Djmoua; 02-18-2007, 03:31 AM.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

does it crankover as it sounds like it wants to start or just turns over and over?
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Turn on your lights see if its really dim. If it is since you got a new bat prob a charging system problem. But if you have a voltmeter or know anyone around the Dallas area with one they can see if your alternator is charging. I would be glad to help you out but I am not in town well not until spring break. Another good indicator of alternator is sometimes the battery light will dimly come on while driving.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

YESS it does sound like it wants to start but then it doesn't and then it'll just turn over and over too. Then i have to wait about 10-20 minutes for it to finally start! But as for the light advice, my headlights would dim as im trying to start the car. Plus the voltmeter, i did that for free at autozone and they say there's no problem there. i dont think they know what im trying to find out cuz they're just an autopart store, right? THanks for the advice so far!

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Well you can check your main relay. That would be a thing to check. But first determine if you are getting spark and fuel. When you crank see if your plug wire shoots a spark make sure you ground it out to a bolt. Another thing is check for fuel if you dont have fuel in there that can cause a no start. But yea those would be altelrnatives to check since you said it turns over but doesnt want to start.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

x2!....if u dont know how test all that then let us know and we'll guide ya through it
            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

hellyea thanks for these infos broz, now i feel loved lol

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

Comment

you shoul stop giving it gas just
                turn the swich over and over until it starts
                (hold swich like a sec or half)

Comment

yea lol friends tell me not to give it gas or i'll flood it. hahaha idk, i still do it Sometimes cuz it pisses me off lol

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

Comment

You wont flood it you will do something the other way around. This isnt a carb'd engine that requires you do push the throttle. The reason why you arent supposed to push the throttle down is because of an anti flood mode. If the tps voltage is more than what it is it will desable the injectors and such so basically you will be getting no fuel in the chamber.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you can pull the positive connec on the battery off while running to test the alt..if it dies the alt is bad...if it stays running your good!

Comment

hellyea now i can push the gas as much as i want! hahahaha jp i like that info though bro now i can use it against my buds lol...and as for the taking off the + from the Bat...i'll try that too! thanks!

*Needs*
                        -New shocks
                        -Struts
                        -Drop
                        -Cleaning
                        -New Tires/Wheels
                        -New Window Tint
                        -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                          you can pull the positive connec on the battery off while running to test the alt..if it dies the alt is bad...if it stays running your good!
                          Not the best way to test the alternator do it properly and use a voltmeter or bring it to a shop. But since if i remember you said you already tested it I would omit that. Doing that disconnection deal will fuck with the electrical system in the car.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

o i see, you were trying to kill me huh?! trying to KILL me without killing ME! hahaha aight then, good thing i work today other wise i would've done that. thanks

*Needs*
                            -New shocks
                            -Struts
                            -Drop
                            -Cleaning
                            -New Tires/Wheels
                            -New Window Tint
                            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                              o i see, you were trying to kill me huh?! trying to KILL me without killing ME! hahaha aight then, good thing i work today other wise i would've done that. thanks

lmao na man not trying to kill you, ive done it with no problems so do what evers easier for you...

Comment

Working...
                              X