Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why did my muffler explose? w/pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did my muffler explose? w/pics.

well i bought this accord a few days back.its been sitting maybe since last june/july.the battery is completely dead as well as the alternator.so i hooked it up on some jumper cable to my other car and tried to turn it over ? well next thing i know after trying it a few more times i heard a loud noise sounded like a damn shotgun.look unde rmy ride and the muffler has a huge hole in it and the tip blew off.hahahhaa can anyone explain what is going on here ? i couldnt find anything stuffed in my muffler.

Last edited by JHJams20; 02-17-2007, 06:22 PM.

your first mistake was trying to start it when you neglected to change the dead battery/alt and replenish the fluids. that was a dumb idea.

As far as why your exaust exploded...hmmm could have been shit built up in the system or trapped gases. Also that gas in the tank is no good for sure so that could have played a role in detonation(sp)

could be a few things, i couldnt tell ya but im sure someone will come along and have an answer.

Comment

i know the procedures.got a swap going in in the next few days thought i'd see if this thing would turn over before i took it out.but thanks for the help ?

Comment

ahhh whats in her now???

Comment

Must of been rotting, car backfired and the pressure just split the muffler open.
          Keep us updated.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

That's the first time I've ever heard of the muffler actually exploding. It must've had some extra gas that didn't get ignited so it backfired really bad.
            So what's going in?
            R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
            FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
            Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

i wanna know whats coming out man!

Comment

looks intresting.

Comment

I think you still need to go look for a banana carcass somewhere that shot out in the explosion.

Bonus points if you can tell me where that idea came from (movie)
                  1992 Honda Accord DX
                  Coupe 5spd
                  2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
                  125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Looks pretty weakend by rust. Maybe a mouse or small bird left some rubish in the inlet... then it backfired and blew it out.

Look at all that rusty goodness under there. I wouldnt be surprised if you didnt put another hole in the exhaust further up aswell.
                    I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

damn that is some funny shit . I cant truely believe that happend to you put your pics prove it . why it happend WHO DA FOOK KNOWs. but your like the only person on this forum who actually has an excuse for replacing the muffler.

If you do try not to get a shitty raspy can that makes our generic looking cars appear to the public hmm how can i say this ricy

Comment

Screw it just swa it off before the muffler. All the cool kids are doing it nowadays. haha.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

giggles, there was a gerbil in ur exhaust blocking it while ur car sat forever and blew up just liek richard gere asshole. jp

i did a jdm b16 swap in a crx, it had stock exhaust and it was driving so fuckign slow, after a few turns around the block he was trying so hard to get power when he is in v tec and all the sudden boom!!! the cat blew up and all the fire and shit blew out of his muff and bamm his car haulleddddd assssss
                          knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Originally posted by BIEN_DIESEL
                            giggles, there was a gerbil in ur exhaust blocking it while ur car sat forever and blew up just liek richard gere asshole. jp

i did a jdm b16 swap in a crx, it had stock exhaust and it was driving so fuckign slow, after a few turns around the block he was trying so hard to get power when he is in v tec and all the sudden boom!!! the cat blew up and all the fire and shit blew out of his muff and bamm his car haulleddddd assssss
                            VTEC KICKED IN YO!!!

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thanks everyone for the reply's .. but yeah i have a h22 swap comming from JHOT soon and i am either trying to decide if i want the WS2 or RSR* exhaust.still a hard choice

Comment

Working...
                              X