Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hey what does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey what does this mean?

okay so today i was at a LONG red light and my needle started to climb like 3/4 up so i gave it a lil gas and it went down! what the fuck is wrong with my cb7???
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Do you maintain your car?

I dont understand what needle you mean. Your Tachometer? Did you engine actualy rev up?

If thats the case then it was probly something that went thru the system that shouldnt have(dirt or rust that made it thru the fuel filter) or something made it in to the engine from the air intake. The engine was just burning whatever it was off. or a emissions valve (egr) was stuck and it was making up for it. who knows. try n be more specific and not curse
    I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

he might mean the temperature gauge
      Members Ride

Comment

sorry i was talking about my temp needle... and also i just replaced the thermostat, amd i put a new radiator in about a month and a half ago!!!
        (\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

did you bleed the coolant system?are your fans coming out?how is your coolant, is it topped off?
          Members Ride

Comment

i top it off and after driving all day i see that it overflowed the reservior! is that bad?
            (\__/)
            (O.o )

Comment

Oh..

Why would you rev it if it was overheating? That would compound the problem if it was actualy overheating.

N E way, to fix it replace all the temp sensors. one should be near where the thermostat was i think there is another one near it. and make sure there isnt any messed up wiring from the connectors.

Sorry, I didnt get what the problem was. Hope it gets fixed.

Or.. also. the thermostat you got (could be)was defective and not letting the fluid into the radiator letting it overheat where sensor is. and reving it just freed it (water pump speeds up w/ the rev.) in that case trade it for one that works. I would treat that guage as true even if your having electrical problems and not rev it, honestly i would have gotten off the road and shut the motor down asap if it was even acting like it was overheating. metal warps with ease under heat.

Comment

(\__/)
                (O.o )

Comment

Honestly, that overflow could be from the car overheating and boiling the coolant into the overflow catch.

your sensor could be wrong and telling the ecu that everything is cooler than it actualy is ... not letting the fans kick in and cool the car.
                  Thats a bad combo.

90% is its the temp sensor.. i think they run like $10-$35 US from most any parts store.

Comment

when was the last time that the radiator cap was replaced?
                    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                      when was the last time that the radiator cap was replaced?

thats what i was thinking but everyone i ask they say thats not it! so should i replace it?
                      (\__/)
                      (O.o )

Comment

how would replacing the radiator cap help his situation? is it from corrosion?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                          how would replacing the radiator cap help his situation? is it from corrosion?
                          X2!!!

btw would that cause my radiator to overflow the reservior?
                          (\__/)
                          (O.o )

Comment

Originally posted by takumei86
                            thats what i was thinking but everyone i ask they say thats not it! so should i replace it?
                            The cap does a lot more than sealing the system. It also holds pressure in the system. SO if the spring is weak it will open early letting coolant flow into the overflow. As mentioned check that. They have cap testers to tell you if its good or bad.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the people that tell its not the cap are dumbasses or don't know anything

like nail said, the cap maintains the cooling system pressurized, i believe yours should be a 13 lb cap, i am running a 17 lb cap on mine, this raises the boiling point of the coolant which will cause less overheating
                              Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X