Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts

hay guys does anybody no if the alternators from pep boys r any good? any feedback would be appreciated. thanks

I have allways just had mine rebuilt, It is cheaper, and usually you are buying a "refurbished" one anyways.

Look in the phone book under starter/alternator rebuilders.

Hope this helps

Comment

thanks bro i might do that

Comment

Either way autozone and all that buy refurbished and resell them or they have an in house that refurbishes for them. I get miine from a person that specializes in it like teh dude above. Hasnt crapped out on me yet and I got lifetime warranty.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I would be nervous about a Pep Boys or Autozone, most of theres are cheap reman's, I've had customers come in and go through two or three in a year, until we finally put a Denso in them. Denso reman's are a little more expensive, but they will last the rest of the life of your car. Denso is the OE provider. They know what their doing.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

i go with autozones brand on alot of my parts cuz they give a lifetime warranty on alot of their stuff <-- im cheap and not ashamed lol but i got their alternator in my car for the last year and so far so good on the same one from last year
            sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
            the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

yeah i think im gonna get one from autozone. its got lifetime anyways.

Comment

remember, the better the part, the longer it'll last and the less headaches u have to deal with having a part fail on u and leaving u stuck at home or out in the streets every year or soo
                Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Working...
                X