Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake question

would an ebay cai intake with a k & n filter be pretty decent? i just can't see myself paying almost $200 right now for an aem intake. thanks.

IMO an intake is an intake, The only diff. I could possible see is fitment issues.

I mean, if you have a k&n filter on both, I don't see how the label on the piping could affect flow. LOL

Comment

yeah my main concern was the fitment. i might get the aem short ram intake for now.

Comment

Flow can be an issue with the different size intake tubing diameters... so an intake is not just an intake. Alot of it depends on your setup. Its just like having an exhaust that is too small which is too restrictive...to large equals not enough back pressure. You pay for what you get. Thats how everything is, fake mugen fits like shit, real mugen fits like its suppose to. It is what it is.
        Last edited by mjhockey155; 02-15-2007, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I bought a CAI from ebay for like $10.00, just put it in on sunday and had no issues other than needing to cut a hole in my car so i just set it up as a short ram for the time being.

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Comment

My Friend Got one Off Ebay and Its Real Nice. Fit Perfect... For The Money U Cant Pass it Up. Well, I Made Myne Out of PVC and Painted it Black.

Steel Ram Bars, 10 Driving Lights, Rally Edition
            Originally posted by chessboxer
            infuckingcredible.

Comment

lol.....

tubing is tubing,.... yea size can matter (SO SHE SAYS), but air to the intake is air to the intake.... I dont think that this guy has an extreme performance tuned engine, with intake and exhaust size needed to be exactly matched to the flow of the engine..... But maybe he does.... I dont know.

Comment

i got one from ebay and it works fine.....aint aem intakes smog legal in all states, right?
                Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I think you will come to find that many members on here went this same route. Bought a cheap Ebay piping and upgraded to a K&N or other QUALITY air filter. I know thats what I did. I even went as far to buy one that was not painted. Just threw on some spray paint of the color of my choice.

Unless you still believe the theory that stickers add HP then there is no point in buying a more expensive Intake just because it says a company name on it. Later

Comment

Working...
                  X