Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Power Steering Moan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Steering Moan

When driving my cb7 and i turn the wheel it moans at me. Now i know i have fluid in it and so on and it is not clicking at me so that is good.

My local honda shop told me that it is a bad pump and hose becasue i have air bubbles in the reservoir. so i just wanted to get some feedback

yea if you have fluid and there are no leaks then its possible its a bad pump....

Comment

i've had 3 hondas and they've all done that. Mine werent new, so its possible that my pumps could be bad too. on my 97 i flushed the fluid with the clear honda powersteering fluid from autozone and it got alot quiter and easier to turn while not moving.

Comment

so yeah.. mine does this too. Ive been told it could be an air leak into one of the hoses.. how can i check?

Comment

Both of My Cb7 do That... Make Bubbles in My Fluid... Only Happens When it is Cold Outside. I Just Live Wit It. But it is a Bad Pump!

Steel Ram Bars, 10 Driving Lights, Rally Edition
          Originally posted by chessboxer
          infuckingcredible.

Comment

I read a post about this recently, and yea it is the pump..... But My ex GF has a 93 accord that has made that sound for years....with no problems....

Im not saying dont fix it, If you have extra money burnin a hole, and it is that annoying, do it... but other wise just keep an eye on it, you should be fine!

Comment

I had that problem when I first bought my car. the fluid level was just barely at the low level mark so I topped it up to just slightly above the high mark and drove it. check it again the next day and it was down to the same place but no more noise. I have not added any since and its still sitting at the low level mark.
              '90 Accord LX, 5spd.

Comment

yeah i added fluid and then i drove to work. I am in the building for like 30 min then i come back outside and all the fluid is on the floor. So the honda shop says it is a leak in the suction hose and it is not letting the pressure do something or another and it back feeds.

bad news

Comment

Originally posted by Tatersplz
                  yeah i added fluid and then i drove to work. I am in the building for like 30 min then i come back outside and all the fluid is on the floor. So the honda shop says it is a leak in the suction hose and it is not letting the pressure do something or another and it back feeds.

bad news

yes! mine once bubled up like frothy chocolate milk, and leaked onto floor... I dont believe my pump is bad because they told me it was a hose.... does anyone know if it's easy to replace the suction hose?

Comment

g'day mate. Its a damn common problem. It happened to me and my dad owns a honda dealership and got one of the apprentices to bleed the lines for me which solved the problemo for all of 5 days. If you wanna fix it you can get a new pump but its probably gunna do the same thing anyways. As long as you keep it topped up and dont slide too much around corners you will be fine, or if your hammering through tight corners just fill it up all the time, thats all i do coz its too damn expensive to get it fixed. Sometimes when you top it up it will leak out but the noise will stop and sometimes the noise comes back straight away, but you can live with it
                    "Am i crazy? Or am i so sane that i just blew your mind?"

Comment

i have a similar issue. but i also have sludgy steering. my mechanic says it could be my rack and pinion. right now im driving my wagon without any power steering

Members Ride

Comment

Resealing PS Pump

Well, as far as I know, the metal pieces of the pump don't fail. But there are lots of seals inside those pumps. If you feel adventerous you can reseal those pumps in about 20 minutes. Go to your Honda dealer, they can get you all the seals, they might have to order a few but most have them in stock. Remove the pump by detensioning the belt and unbolting it. Take the pump apart, clean everything with a solvent of some kind, remove old seals and replace, and reassembly. BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU DO THIS: make sure that the two metal cylinders that have the pump gears in them go in absolutely correctly. They will be damaged if you try and force them, but if they are lined up they should go together quite nicely, you might need a little lubrication. Anyways, like I said, with the pump out this whole process takes like 20 minutes. Good luck!

Ps. You will then have to flush the power steering system to get all the air you just introduced out.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

My friend had a cool suction pump that I used to suck all the old fluid out of my wagon and replaced it with fresh Honda spec fluid...

it was pretty fun... of course I suctioned it out... filled it... ran it, suctioned it out, filled it, and repeated a couple of times to get it as clean as possible.
                          94 Cobra down for aluminum headed 306 swap (no VTEC)
                          03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege K&N air filter 15.5's

Comment

Working...
                          X