Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23

what year model prelude did the h23 come out of??? and is it a direct drop in, meaning, can you use the f22 harness, ecu, mounts, transmission, ect. thanks.
    Sig removed due to excessive size

4th gen lude aka 92-96 but doubt you want the 96 since its obd2. You can use your harness you have to wire up a knock sensor. Its direct drop in like any other H series swap. Look in the swap faq for the holes you have to tap for the trans,

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

what came in the 3rd gen ludes???
      Sig removed due to excessive size

Comment

b20s

they suck

Comment

the H23 comes from the Honda Prelude SI model. if u want to use the F22 tranny, you will have to tap it as already stated. The ECU from the F22 wont work because of the differences in the 2 engines such as compression ratios etc.

As for the B20 from the 3rd gen. Prelude, it doesn't produce enough power to make the swap worth it. hope this helps.
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Woah. I've never even heard of a b20. Haha. Well logically it would sound great but I just learned something cool. How much hp a b20 have?
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
              the H23 comes from the Honda Prelude SI model. if u want to use the F22 tranny, you will have to tap it as already stated. The ECU from the F22 wont work because of the differences in the 2 engines such as compression ratios etc.

As for the B20 from the 3rd gen. Prelude, it doesn't produce enough power to make the swap worth it. hope this helps.
              You dont have to tap the stock F trans...I was talking about the H series trans. B20 is a POS in those accords. There are diff b20 one in the crv and the POS that came in the 3g accord that isnt worth a damn.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I droped an H23 in my car. As stated the knock sensor needs wired up. Change to a P14 ECU. The wiring i had no problems except the egr valve. Just use the f22 egr. And for the tranny i used the h series but i didn't have to tap any holes. I used the 5th gen accord tranny mount. The holes line up and bolts right in.

Comment

Originally posted by H23CB7
                  I droped an H23 in my car. As stated the knock sensor needs wired up. Change to a P14 ECU. The wiring i had no problems except the egr valve. Just use the f22 egr. And for the tranny i used the h series but i didn't have to tap any holes. I used the 5th gen accord tranny mount. The holes line up and bolts right in.
                  or for those people that already have a manual in there car they can just tap the two or three holes needed to mount the h23 trans or any other H series trans on there cars. The auto-manual conversion has other ways around it.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The 3G Accord had an A20. The JDM B20 (also Accord, I think) is a pretty decent swap for them, but they're hard to find in good shape now.

The 3rd gen Accord and Prelude motors are not swap options for us, even if we would want to use them. It would take a rediculous amount of custom work to install one, and the power potential (and VERY limited aftermarket) just isn't worth it. Honestly, if you're going to do that much fabrication, a K series or a V6 swap (both of which aren't doable for us... yet...) would be a much better choice. Hell, a B18C would be a better choice! At least there's enough aftermarket for one of those to make some power!

As for the H23, 4th gen Ludes, Si trim. They're good motors, but rather overpriced these days. Aftermarket isn't as strong as the H22, and I don't believe they used them in Japan (meaning you could potentially have a high mileage motor... not worth the money it would cost). F22B DOHC is the better choice if you don't want to go the H22 route.

Comment

I've seen H23A's going for as low as $200, but they're tired motors. If you plan to rebuild and boost, this would be a good idea if your going that route.

The H23A tranny ratios perform inbetween the F22A and H22A. Any of the three will mate up with the motor.
                      oshiet

91 LX Coupe

Comment

H23s also have FRM sleeves (like the H22) which limit your choices for forged internals unless you do a full resleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          You dont have to tap the stock F trans...I was talking about the H series trans. B20 is a POS in those accords. There are diff b20 one in the crv and the POS that came in the 3g accord that isnt worth a damn.
                          i thought that if you wanted to swap in an H series engine, you have to tap the stock F tranny to fit. my bad.
                          Originally posted by deevergote.
                          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Working...
                          X