Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RPM idle - How low is too low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to high of idle on a 5spd car makes it hard to get it into gear when stopped. to low of rpm and well it dies *L*
    '90 Accord LX, 5spd.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
      lower idle - less fuel usage

higher idle - less vibration at stop lights(mostly auto users would be concerned about this)

yeah i get that vibration at the light. gets on my freakin nerves tho.

the bad thing about my car is one day it will idle between 700-800rpms then the next day it will be at like 400-500RPMs. any solutions?

i dont know know nothing about that propane thing he just talked about and i have not the slightest clue on how to find the leak...

Comment

Well if there was a leak at a gasket or line, the manifold vacuum will suck in the propane (or carb cleaner, or whatever you're using) and the engine will studder or rev. When it does, you've found a leak.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by jova1993cb
          yea, but with everything on our cbs it is a biotch to find the problems
          Yeah, I suppose sometimes enough is enough, and ya just go with what works.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyguy
            to high of idle on a 5spd car makes it hard to get it into gear when stopped. to low of rpm and well it dies *L*
            I've never had an issue getting it into gear, even when its 5F outside and engine is still at high idle. Then again, that is what the clutch pedal is there for.

Comment

Oh...I had to edit an earlier post. Idle is 700+/-50 with the IACV connected, not 750 like I first said.

Comment

u guys suck. mines is at 500 and its a nice idle, but my motor shacks a bit. like the steering wheel vibrates.
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

get a smoke test done i just had it done it well find all leaks and it good the sprayeing cleaner is good 2 but the smoke test is the right way my car did the same thing and at cold at 1500 and after warm up at 500-600 which is good and what the car should be

4 door ex-l

Comment

650-750 warm 1200-1600 cold

Comment

ok... so mine was sitting around 600-700 when I initially posted this thread. Just the other day, I bumped it to 750-800.

I had started to notice (while at 600-700) what can only be described as the occasional "shudder" when at stoplights and after initially cranking it. During the shudder, I would also slightly notice the headlights dimming...could be imagination.
                      91 EX F22A4 - Stock w/ 220k mi
                      My Ride - 12/06

Comment

Working...
                      X