Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering springs, stock struts, good or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering springs, stock struts, good or no?

I bought a set of 2.5" Sprint Springs a year ago, they've been sitting in my trunk since. I'm finally going to get them put on but I wanted to know first if its ok to put them on my stock struts. Will I get a bad ride experience if I do that? I don't want a car that bounces over every little rock like some of them cars we've all seen. Thanks.

your better off doing the struts with the springs doing it right the first time iswhat i rec.

Comment

Thanks yeamans17, guess I should have looked around more and I would have seen that FAQ.

Comment

ive been riding my neuspeeds on stock struts for awhile..absolutley no problems...i have kyb's..jus have had no time to put them on

Comment

so if i go with koni yellow shocks/struts and eibachs springs i should be good too.. right?
          cb7... didn't even know my accord could sound so..so..so cool..

Comment

dont do it

I did the drop on stock struts and its good for the first month, then it all goes to shit. They blew fast on only a 1.5" drop. Just dont do it.

Comment

Stock struts won't last long... if they're in good condition, you'll get more time, but they aren't made for anything lower than stock. Original struts won't last long at all!

I've had both KYB AGX and Koni Yellows, and I must say the Konis are FAR superior. More comfortable AND more performance. The stiffest setting makes the car damn near unstreetable with my H&R Race springs! The soft setting is more comfortable with the same springs than my AGXs were with my milder H&R Sport springs.

Comment

i think it really dependes on how the car is driven...my stock struts and skunk2 coilovers have lasted over a year now...but on my old accord i blew the fronts in 2weeks with ebay drop springs! lol......as for the aftermarket shocks, do a little research and read some reviews, then pick the ones that are best suited for you application
                TEH SICKNESS IS RISING

Comment

I have 2.5" Sprint drop springs, so if i get these http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...ype=49&ptset=A
                  will that work ok? I don't know about this yellow, red, forest green color of shocks to tell the difference between good and bad. It may be important that I state that I don't intend to go around turns at insane speeds, I just want the stance (look).

Comment

http://www.koni.com/

check that site out, should be able to tell you the difference for each shock and their application, as for which shocks to get, either one will do wonders over stock
                    TEH SICKNESS IS RISING

Comment

Here's a question for those of you with lowered cars, do you do well getting around in winter when it has snowed? I always thought I'd plow the roads on my way to work when I put my springs on.

Comment

if i can remember correctly, i personally don't have my ride lowered right now so i can say. But, when i was in MD one of my friends had the 01 accord coupe and he had it lowered. No problems from him. I honestly wouldn't drive the car myself in snow.
                        cb7... didn't even know my accord could sound so..so..so cool..

Comment

NO!!!! it will ride like shit afterward

it has eyes!!!

Comment

replace - shocks, struts, and cambers front and back. and go get it alligned* the same day or the next morning... then see what happens... replace all those at once for two reasons........ for one you'll save money on labor and save time... for two you'll have a better chance of not pissing off your tech coming back for him to replace something in the same exact precedure over and over again... i lowered mine last week and replace shocks because they were out, replace struts because you'll get a better ride and easier to alligne, and cambers because its lowered and you'll need it for alligning....

Comment

I have had mine on stock struts for about 3 years now lol. And now they are starting to go out =D. Its the greatest shit but I have the sprint blues 2.25. Dont recall of any spring that sprint makes thats 2.5" Only other spring I know of is the extreme that drops it like 3.25".

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X