Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Intake manifold and camshaft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake manifold and camshaft...

I'm sure this is a stupid noob question, but I did a quick search and came up empty. I don't know anything about the f series. I might be picking up a 91 accord lx 5-speed. What honda manifolds and cams can be swapped into that motor. I'm assuming it has an f22a1? I know on d series you can swap cams and manifolds around to make a little more power. Even if someone has a link to a thread I missed I'd appreciate it.

This is just what I've heard lately, but the F22a6 manifold and/or H23 manifold work better than the F22a1. As for the cam you can get an F22a6 cam which is only slightly better or get a 272 cam regrind which is what most recomend for stock valvetrain.

Comment

Ok. Thats exactly the info I was looking for. I know on my old civic with a d15b7 I used a d16z6 vtec intake mani and a d16a6 non vtec si cam and picked up quite a bit.

Comment

get the H23 mani.!..thats what im doing
        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I think I will. If i get the car I'll get an h23 mani. Thanks.

Comment

Most common swap as mentioned is the H23 manifold. Another upgrade is throwing the H throttle body on there. Cams you have options you can purchase a delta regrind or order a cam from bisi. Both are good choices depending on your power goals and such.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I am also a noob here... what do you mean by a delta regrind cam or a bisi cam? are they companies or something??

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Bisi is bisimoto engineering. He has the fastest unibody n/a civic in the world or something like that. Delta 272 is a reground cam. Thats where they take an old cam and add metal to the lobes and regrind it to different specs. Both are great options. We use delta regrinds alot in d series hondas. Bisi is awesome. It just depends on how much you wanna spend.

Comment

Actually, a main difference is that our cams are specifically designed for the engine application, using our in-house dyno. Unlike other companies, we do not use the "one size fits all" philosophy in cam grinding. I guess that is why we have all the sohc records..lol.
                  'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
                  World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
                  World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
                  1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
                  1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
                  1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
                  2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
                  NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
                  Bisimoto's Facebook page
                  478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X