Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a vs f22b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a vs f22b

hi guys i am going to be geting a new motor here soon and i know the two motors are pretty identical. in the future i will be boosting the f22. i know both motors are good for boost. but my question is what is majorly different about hooking the motor up in my car for the f22b. i know it has vtec and its dohc. will the f22b mount to the f22a tranny? how about the axles are they the same. i need some info on this and let me know if i should just put the f22b in since they are the same price. o and all the outside stuff like the belts and altenator, etc.... will all that bolt on from the f22a to the f22b?

Thanks

http://www.attarco.com/index.php?mai...8a0423b69e2e83

heres the link to the motor and the same site ill be geting the motor. sorry i guess its not the dohc. but this will bolt up correct me if im wrong.

Comment

1. Dont get that motor.
      2. Spend the extra money and get an f22b dohc (160hp vs 130hp that has)
      3. That has no VTEC looks to be just a normal f22b2
      4. Everything bolts up to a F22A bolts onto F22B mostly
      5. JDM F22B is direct drop in.
      6. This motor likes boost.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

your a life saver Nail05.

where can i get the motor from?

and how much more is it?

Thanks again

Comment

hmotorsonline.com
          ebay

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

closest thing i seen on hmotors was the h23 they look pretty much alike. close but no cigar. i see some on ebay but ebay kinda worries me. but ill do what i can to find one. thanks

Comment

H23 is similar to an f22b. its displacement is just .1L bigger. I think d112 got his from makimoto or something like that. Check in the swaps forum and look in the sticky. People will say where they got there motors and stuff from.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by TecHMec
                closest thing i seen on hmotors was the h23 they look pretty much alike. close but no cigar. i see some on ebay but ebay kinda worries me. but ill do what i can to find one. thanks
                if you call/email them they can get you a f22b dohc. ive talked to them about it before i ordered my h22. they can also get you the p39 ecu that goes along with the f22b

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

cool guys yeah i did the same calling attarco and they said they can get just about any motor. and ill start looking in the swap section. im getting better at the honda stuff, i used to have an 11 sec vw bug. yeah those cars are go karts alright. thanks again

Comment

k i called hmotorsonline today and they have one in stock fully complete, with tranny and ecu for 1000 bucks. does that sound like a good price. these motors will pass smog right??

Comment

I thought jdm motors were illegal in california? I dont know i could be wrong.....i tend to be wrong all the time

Comment

....... please dont tell me that. thats the last thing i need to hear and the smog issues...

Comment

I dont live in cali and I know yas have some strict regulations as far as emissions and stuff but with minor work you could just make it pass emissions and not to many cops can read honda engine codes lol,

Comment

will the axles from my accord that i have now work with the tranny the f22b has?

Comment

yes

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X