Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Jerking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
    I've done that too. I'm going to do the service ports tomorrow and see if it cures it.
    Yea usually if your gonna do EGR do the ports. Makes quite a bit of a difference.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
      You should clean the service ports, egr valve is not as important.
      listen to this guy, common problem on these accords. especially if you have pretty high miles. its probably one of the things everyone has been saying, ignition or egr. I am actually having a similar problem with mine, but after a rebuild 500 miles ago i cleaned the egr ports and replaced everything but the coil, so hey. it could be anything, those however are likely.

The egr port clean procedure is pretty complex. Actually, there are couple of different ways to do it. I had my intake runners out so I was able to pull the service plugs (little brass plugs behind the fuel injectors) and actually flame clean the ports by shooting compressed oxygen into them. But in car, that is pretty dangerous, you can take the intake out, and find some with an oxy-acytelyne rig to do that, to you can resort to the old pick and brush method. Also, remove you EGR valve, and clean around that, try and clean back into the head too!

To remove the brass service plug, what i did was to screw a little screw into them, the are soft being brass, and use a claw hammer to yank them out. According to the book you only need to pull four of the six, the four that are closer to the firewall. Make sure you have replacement plugs before you do this (avaible at some parts stores, Dorman makes them) and an EGR gasket, I dunno about aftermarket, but readily available from Honda!

Hope that helps.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Okay I just finished the EGR service ports and still the same thing.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Have you tried disabling the egr?

Is your car stock? If not, what mods have you done?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

bone stock except for sri. yes I tried that test and still the same. I'm thinking along the lines of the fuel system.

Comment

how do the fuel injectors sound? this is kind of a stretch, but if you put a long screwdriver up to each injector, then put your ear to the handle, you can use it like a stethoscope (unless you have a real auto stethoscope, )

They should all sound the same. Listen at idle and try playing with the throttle, at some point the engine will drown out the sound though....

Was the fuel filter you replaced OEM?

I'm kinda just throwing things out there now...

it only happens while driving or does it miss when revving in neutral too?

Comment

Only when driving, and only from 1200 - 3000 rpm. When it hits 3000 rpm, it gains power all of a sudden.

Comment

How's your timing?

Make sure the belt hasn't jumped a tooth or 2

Comment

Okay, I will check the injectors as you have stated above and check the timing as well.
                    But this will have to be tomorrow, as it's late and I want to get an early start in the morning.

Thanks for the help and will post up the results.

Comment

lotion and fake pussy

it works for maple

Comment

My friend and I have this problem and I really am leaning towards the fule as it just seems that there is a lack of fule pressure going to the injectors at lower or now throttle. Mabey have somthing to do with the fule pressure regulator? Or like was already mentiond clogged or porly functioning injectors.....my fule filter isnt OEM but Ive seen oem and there doesnt seem to be much of a diffrence.also its bran new so thats not the problem as the problem never worsend or got better after I put that in. Im going to remove my injectors and clean them up and listen to them for pulse

Comment

I had a lot of problems with a brand new non-oem fuel filter from autozone, not all are bad, but OEM is usually always a good decision.

You can test the regulator, see here....you'll need a fuel pressure guage

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m.../400/6-213.pdf

Also here is the service manual page for that injector testing I was talking about

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m.../400/6-210.pdf

Comment

Oh and djcaz_aom, here is a troubleshooting guide for the fuel delivery system...

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m.../400/6-208.pdf

Comment

I just put in some good H22 injectors and still the same problem. It's smoother above 3000 RPM and really gets on it, so I know all the other things done are worth while.

Comment

Working...
                              X