Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Jerking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerking

Hey, I was driving today and noticed that when I am in the low-rpm range, my car starts to jerk like it is about to die. Does anyone know what is wrong with it? I havent the slightest clue. Please help me. Thanks
    91 Coupe-Under Construction

is it 5 spd?
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Manual or auto?

Does your idle bounce around in neutral (say from 800-2000rpm)?

Does it completely die if you don't give it gas?

It could be the generic "surging idle" problem along with old motor mounts.
      - Ghosty
      WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
      FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Sounds like the issue I've having, but 10 times worse. I suspect a tiny vacuum leak or EGR issue, but its mostly a guess.
        Sorry I can't help anymore, but if I uncover anything, I'll be sure to let you know.
        Hopefully someone can set us in the right direction.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Sorry I wasnt clear earlier, its a 5 speed. The idel doesnt bounce around it just feels like the car struggles after the shift. I think is could be an ignition problem but not really sure.

Comment

Is it only in the 1500-2500 range under low throttle?

could be clogged egr ports

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Hows your tune up.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my friend had the exact same problem in her car, i think.. its in low range rpms, and it does it worse when you give it more gas, right? you might wanna check the spark plugs, wires, or distributer. hers were the plugs themselves.
                R.I.P 90 lx fodo ..my baby!
                R.I.P 00 DC2 gsr
                R.I.P 92 lx fodo
                R.I.P 91 dx fodo
                rockin a 2007 ridgeline rtl

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair

Hmm...that does describe mine, except it always clears up at 2,000, and doesn't always do it. Perhaps a lazy EGR valve or starting to clog? All tuneup stuff is semi-recent or checks out OK. Mine's also a 5-speed. I'm gonna keep an eye on it and see if the behavior changes with gas, temps, etc. See if I can find a correlation.
                  I'll be able to check accordaffair's hypotheses when I get my new IM on.
                  Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

ok guys, thanks. I will check the spark plugs and distributor cap and ect. I have been keeping it pretty well tuned up so I dont think that is the problem but who knows. When I give it gas, it does jerk more sometimes and sometimes it stops.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by accordaffair

This is my problem right now and I have done the following with no Luck:
                      1- New dist cap and rotor
                      2- New wires
                      3- New NGK Iridium Plugs
                      4- New fuel filter.
                      5- Cleaned out EGR Valve with carb cleaner

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

You should clean the service ports, egr valve is not as important.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                          You should clean the service ports, egr valve is not as important.
                          Agreed.
                          As a test, why not disable the EGR valve? See if the problem still occurs.

Comment

i just had that like 1500Rpm and under lil jerk. i changed my oil. [put in syn] and changed my tranny fluid. and it didn't do it. till just befor my next oil change.

cheers
                            My Ride...

Comment

Originally posted by 93_EXR.
                              i just had that like 1500Rpm and under lil jerk. i changed my oil. [put in syn] and changed my tranny fluid. and it didn't do it. till just befor my next oil change.

cheers
                              I've done that too. I'm going to do the service ports tomorrow and see if it cures it.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                              X