Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question regarding the MAP Sensor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding the MAP Sensor...

I've tried search but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I want to say that I read somewhere that you can "reset" your map sensor? Is this in anyway correct or make sense?

I've done about all there is to do w/ my idle and its damn near perfect but occasionally I get a slight fluctuation (1000rpm-1500rpm only in park or neutral).

Ok, I'll just go ahead and say what I think I read (as ridiculous as it may sound). I was thinking that I read somewhere that you can "reset" the MAP sensor and then it will "re-learn" the idle. Sorry if that sounds completely stupid.

probably the same as just resetting the ECU...I don't know. Be gentle with the flames.
    91 EX F22A4 - Stock w/ 220k mi
    My Ride - 12/06

ya, i would of guessed it was the ecu. i removed the back up battery fuse and decided, what the hell and removed the ecu fuse as well. my dad installed a junk map and junk iacv. after putting the fuses back and starting, the idle went real high, then real low, near dying. did it for a minute or two, then my idle was so so.

i can still feel the engine either failing or stalling, but when i look at the idle, its pretty steady. but i know somethings wrong because you can feel that slight studder, even though the idle looks good. and on top of that, on the highway after about 30 miles going 80mph, my car starts to stall and try to die. my dad said its either fuel delivery and i'm lean or the computer. from researching the forums, however, someone said 5 out of 100 honda computers came back and tested bad.

my guess is my cheap bosch o2. i had to use this universal sensor since my se has a different connector. when its getting hot, i think it sends the computer the wrong signals and the computer changes the amount of fuel delivered causing me to run lean. i also say this because of the white residue on the old universal bosch sensor i had and i read somewhere that could be (or definitely is?) a sign you're running lean, and my father says he can hear my car preigniting. couldn't tell ya for sure, i'll get a new one and post when i get the chance! cheeow!

Comment

u can reset the ecu but not the actual manifold air pressure sensor.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i just learned a silly thing which lots of people have done and that is take off your fit valve and put it in boiling water for about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how dirty the inside is, then put it back on

Comment

There is no "resetting" of the MAP sensor. MAP=Manifold Absolute Pressure. There are two different types, one only takes a reading once when the engine is initially started. The other types takes continuous readings and I think this is what your car has (but not sure). The disadvantage of the first one is that if you travel from a very low altitude to a very high altitude without restarting your car then you will be running on the initial MAP setting which tunes fuel and ignition for "sea level" operation. It will run worse and worse as you gain altitude because the air is getting thinner and too much fuel is being injected. However, this obviously isn't a problem with the continuous MAP sensor because it constantly adjusts the value that the ECM uses for fuel trim and other parameters.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
            There is no "resetting" of the MAP sensor. MAP=Manifold Absolute Pressure. There are two different types, one only takes a reading once when the engine is initially started. The other types takes continuous readings and I think this is what your car has (but not sure). The disadvantage of the first one is that if you travel from a very low altitude to a very high altitude without restarting your car then you will be running on the initial MAP setting which tunes fuel and ignition for "sea level" operation. It will run worse and worse as you gain altitude because the air is getting thinner and too much fuel is being injected. However, this obviously isn't a problem with the continuous MAP sensor because it constantly adjusts the value that the ECM uses for fuel trim and other parameters.

Very interesting...thank you.

i just learned a silly thing which lots of people have done and that is take off your fit valve and put it in boiling water for about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how dirty the inside is, then put it back on
            does this work? I'm planning on giving it a try this weekend. I guess by boiling it and softening the "nylon?" nipple thingy, it enables you to tighten it down more.

All - thanks for the input.
            91 EX F22A4 - Stock w/ 220k mi
            My Ride - 12/06

Comment

Working...
            X