Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no start

car wont even crank over just a couple clicks if not any, lights, radio, and power windows work though

Starter or ignition switch, or possible custom/faulty wiring

First make sure your battery DOES have enough juice to do the job, then test whether the starter works. Remove the ignition coil plug, then move to the starter and remove the smaller wire (the one not held down by a bolt; with a black/white wire) and jumping that terminal (not the wire, the terminal it attached to) to the positive lead on the battery.

Does the starter turn?

If yes, you will need to test the ignition switch.

If no, the starter may need to be replaced or rebuilt.

Do some testing and lmk. If you're trying but need more detail, lmk.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

you know funny thing my friends car did the same thing and we replaced the sparkplugs and gave it a jump and its runs fine. also same thing to another friends car and he had to replace the alternator. hope some of this info helps

Comment

If your Light are working and bright, It probly isnt your battery, but you do need to jump it and see if it is your ign. like he said. A screwdriver allways does the trick for me..

You can have your starter rebuilt if it is the starter, it is alot cheaper.... if it is the battery you might want to see what caused it to drain down, you might have a short somewhere...

Hope this helps!

Comment

dude just chek the main relay first that is the most common problem.thenu can chek the ign. or ur starter is bad!!any way good luck
          waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by cbrider
            dude just chek the main relay first that is the most common problem.thenu can chek the ign. or ur starter is bad!!any way good luck
            Main relay doesnt matter at all in his situation. His car isnt even turning over. Its going to be starter or battery. Doesnt sound like a bad ignition switch.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Main relay doesnt matter at all in his situation. His car isnt even turning over. Its going to be starter or battery. Doesnt sound like a bad ignition switch.
              ok mabe im wrong but it dosen't hurt to chek!!!
              p.s. nail05 dont fuckin kill me.im just tryin to help!!!!!!!
              waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

Comment

I am almost sure that it is the starter if you turn the key and get no response. I had the same situation on my 91 Ranger and it needed a starter. If your car is a manual push start it and let it run for about fifteen minutes and then turn it off and try restarting, by doing this you can rule out battery and alternator problems or simply get your car to the shop to install a starter.

Comment

Bad ground i say. then starter, then battery.

Comment

its sounding like a starter. if you're getting a clicking sound when you try to start, it might just be a bad or lose connection. if its just not tight enough at the battery terminal, its possible to still have bright interior lights and power windows work and not be able to power the starter. happened to my dads 88 legend, but hey, every situation is different, no ? i donno, just guessing.

im really just hoping its not the starter, not that its hard to replace, but if it can save you some time, why not?

Comment

Get you a soft face hammer and tap the starter sometimes that works and if it does crank its a bad starter. In either case if you know your batt is fine then its your starter.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                      X