Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

does this sound right????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just face it, its not really doing much other then dropping a few lbs and making it "feel" quicker....

Comment

As for the difficulty when turning stopped...I always make it a point to have the car rolling when turning. Parallel parking is virtually the only time I might be stopped while turning. But then again, I'd be concerned in an emergency situation...that's what I'm concerned with. That's where I need more input to decide if I remove PS or leave it well enough alone.

Try using an huge old Crown forklift with manual steering. I'm a smallish guy, so I needed to use my whole body to move that thing around.
      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Mjfan12
        If you drive without the belt with a power rack its not a good thing, you'll ruin your rack because it wasnt designed to be used as a manual.

Power steering racks and manual racks are different, the manuals are obviously beefier.
        Its already implied if you take out PS from an power rack you are gonna decrease the life of it. Everyone should know this. Anyway driving with the pump dc isnt bad as long as you still have fluid looped inside the system your good to go.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

no ps means more power cause ps takes away about 3 hp out of the crank...the less stuff ur crank drives the more power u gonna get out of it

Comment

on my h22 i removed the belt p/s and bracket with lines and all added up to about 40 lbs also lightens the work on the engine a lil bit. it gave me 8 whp and thas no lie

Comment

Working...
            X