Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"ghetto" sport shifting auto tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"ghetto" sport shifting auto tranny

i just picked up my lil bro's old 1991 Ex cb7 for free after my parents bought him a new ride for graduation.... my daily driver is a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE V6.... it has a "tip-tronic" mode with the +/- on the auto tranny... now to my question.....

i have a buddy with a 93 Ex auto tranny and he has all the bolt on mods intake, exhaust, etc.... when he drives, he shifts down to 1st gear and shifts through the gears manually.... whenhe approaches a stop, he drops "downshifts" through the gears like he has a manny tran to make it rev and sound better.... is this potentially damaging to his tranny, or is it ok to do???
    Down South Jawja Boi....

Savannah, Georgia

It wont blow the transmission all in one day. But in the long run it is hard on the tranny. Unless he wants to either get a new tranny or rebuild this one since the gears are rounded off then keep it up. Later

Comment

hmm thiers something called like a vaucoule or some strange thing in the tranny that you take out which will make it ok to shift because usually it builds up pressure before shifting or i dunno i remember thier was something you could do to it back when i had my old tranny that would make it safe to do that. i bought an F tranny from a guy in sanford back when i had my f22b swap in my old accord and he had installed a 2800 stall converter on it which i guess your bro can get too.
      ]

Comment

Bad for tranny either way you put it IMO. Some people say its good some people just dont like it. Personally I am not a fan of manual shifting but in all honesty yes I have done it before on my 90EX really didnt feel much improvement. Anyway you would need to upgrade some stuff for it to take abuse like that. HIgher stall converter, and such should help a bit. As for what that v word you used I dunno wtf it is. Another way to play with it is modify the valve body of the trans but dunno how the honda ones are so I dont mess with them =D. You could also get a "shift kit" which is basically just a stiffer spring that goes inside the trans to make it grab harder. Not sure if they make it for hondas but I have seen them for American cars.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Bad for tranny either way you put it IMO. Some people say its good some people just dont like it. Personally I am not a fan of manual shifting but in all honesty yes I have done it before on my 90EX really didnt feel much improvement. Anyway you would need to upgrade some stuff for it to take abuse like that. HIgher stall converter, and such should help a bit. As for what that v word you used I dunno wtf it is. Another way to play with it is modify the valve body of the trans but dunno how the honda ones are so I dont mess with them =D. You could also get a "shift kit" which is basically just a stiffer spring that goes inside the trans to make it grab harder. Not sure if they make it for hondas but I have seen them for American cars.
          lol you said it yourself the V word is VALVE BODY LOL. i didnt know waht the hell it was just that it started with a V
          ]

Comment

Your friend......nvm...

Don't replicate your "friend's" shifting patterns. His car is an automatic for a reason, no point in manual shifting all the time. Is it fun moving the shift lever up one notch or something? Different for your Nissan.

Comment

Working...
            X