Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another lowerind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another lowerind ?

I've read around the site for a while and kept seeing people say that if you lower your car with springs but still have stock struts they will blow. but on the wiki site ( http://www.cb7tuner.com/wiki/index.php?title=Springs ) it says certain springs can let you drop your car as low as 2" on stock shocks. so my question is which is accurate?

Once you pass the 2" drop you either need brand new shocks to really last, or good condition used ones. Some shocks last quite a while with over 2" drop and some dont. But the safest thing is to get the shocks that can handle the drop.

With a 2" drop KYB GR2 is very good with ride comfort and price

Comment

As mentioned its a matter of time and how good your shocks are. I am on a 2.25" drop on stock shocks. i can tell you its starting to sag and its noticeable. What I would recommend is getting a new oem or similar shock or an aftermarket which willl last a longer time with the drop. After that you should be set. And depending on how low you go you can get a camber kit but thats optional.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

springs

my car is lowered with eibach sportlines with stock struts.its only been lowered for about 6 months and im getting some sagging and rough ride as well.i would recommend doing the struts when you lower it to save you having to take it apart in a cople of months

Comment

aight thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X