Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My car is hesitating...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is hesitating...again

sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt....like if im at a light, and i press the gas a little to take off it acts like it want to bog down and shut off for a lil bit, then goes....and then if im on the freeway in high rpms and floor it, it starts pinging and popping, but if i ease on it, it will rev up fine....someone told me to replace the throttle position sensor, but i wanted a second opinion before i spend unecessary money, pleas help..so far i've replaced

coil, rotor plug, wires...what else could it be!!???
    I like to ride simple and clean, with a "MONSTER" under the hood!!

could be a problem with your fuel system. Man it's hard to say because there's a lot of things that could cause that to happen.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

also check to see if you have any oil fouling in the spark plug chambers or on the plugs themselves, because if you dont have a good enough spark, it can cause pinging and misfiring so just inspect that area.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

pinging and popping isnt good lol. You done any work to the car recently? Basic tune up yet? I would start with your basic tune up. But if you kept up with basic tune up and stuff wouldnt worry about it. If you feel hesitation constantly in the same rpm range it could be your tps.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea it bogs out when i try to take off and at wide open throttle only....i think my TPS might have some dead spots and not recognizing wide open throttle...

Comment

someone said my timing belt might have skipped a tooth and the tensioner my be loose....could that be it? thats what the mechanics said, ive bought everything having to do with ignition...fuel pump still good....im soo frustrated with this dam car!!!

Comment

Well when was the last time you did a timing job on your car. A tps will be consistent even if its partial throttle. You sure your timing and everything is set right. If you advance it too much it can cause pinging. BUt yea.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea, i have never done a timing job on it....the mechanic sade it probably skipped a tooth cause the tensioner gets weak sometime and its probably due for a timing job anyway....could that be the reason?

Comment

Could be you never know. Whats your mileage on your car.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

about 160,000

Comment

just swap to an H22

Comment

I know huh? im tiring of tinkering with a motor that has no potential....BTW how much would it be for a full h22 swap, labor and all?...just a ball park figure?

Comment

Well 160000 is bout time for another timing belt if you change every 80k miles. Which is about right. I recommend 70k-85k depending on driving.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Or, you could upgrade to an A6 intake manifold. Its even got the tps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

that ebayer claims its from an h23, actually its from an f22a6

still a good deal

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                              where you been, is something wrong?
                              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X