Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car takes 3 to4 tries to get started in the cold, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037

holy shit your car is MINT for that many miles or is that kilometers wow!
    Believe it or not Miles Haha

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037

holy shit your car is MINT for that many miles or is that kilometers wow!
      Believe it or not Miles Haha

Comment

Originally posted by haccord992h
        Worked for me on my 2 cb7.

MJfan do you have a CEL when the car is cold ?
        Luckily no CEL

I tried the method of turning the key to the on stage before start (forget what thats called)

and priming the system, and it seemed to work a little better, 2 tries instead of 4. But I took it to get an alignment, and maybe they had gotten the car warmed up and it wasnt off for long.

I'll have to try priming it tommorow while I go to school because it will be outside where its slightly snowing, sub freezing temps all evening and night.
        1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
        ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
        OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

In colder temps it might be better to switch it on then off then back on so that your pump runs 2 times to build up good pressure with the thicker gasoline. I always switch the car on and wait for the engine light to go off (~3 sec) before I start. fwiw
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Yup, priming the system definately helps a ton. The car was out in the cold all night and in the morning I primed it, pumped the gas a few times, and it started on the first turn of the key, not perfectly mind you, but its better than straining the starter 4 times.
            OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

Comment

Originally posted by haccord992h
              I had the exact same problem and i changed the Temperature sensor below the dizzy and now it starts at the 1st try. Change the sensor.
              I agree, but test the sensor before replacing it. It does sound like the ECU is not richening the mixture to compensate for the cold temps. Hence the hard starting and having press the throttle to keep it running.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

where can I get a temp sensor? what does it look like?
                is it something I need to get from a dealer? or will autozone or pep boys have it?

Comment

Working...
                X