Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Should I seafoam my accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I seafoam my accord?

its a 93 w/ 201k on it....it run fine but the NOx was so excessive i may have to do it to pass next the next smog? so what problem might i ecncuonter after seafoaming it? thnx

MY 1n2 CB7

My friend seafoamed his accord with a f22 because the intake manifold was clogged up.We had todo it a couple times but it runs like a champ now
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

from all the topics i've read relating to seafoam, it's going to be blowing smoke i think out of the exhaust as if your car is on fire, then after a bit it'll run like new.

Comment

so is it really safe to do it at 201k? i mean seafoam is not recomened for motor over 150k..

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Some mechanics say that it is bad for the seals. I did it anyways and it helped.

Comment

had a friend buy a restored 85 chevy P/U. with a 305 4bbl. respect that. Guy at the auto store told him to run that "seafoam" and it blew the rings on that poor ol enigne 105k on a v8 of course. Dont run lucas oil , unless you feel its ok which it should, on it either cuz it will swell up the seals to keep them the in shape and MIGHT bust them. Run lucas octane booster and gas injector lubricator. Dont run marvle mystry in your oil. It pushed out an oil plug in my f22. Run marvel mystry oil in your gas tank to quiet down lifters.

But your trying to pass emmsions right? Go to your local BP gas station )if you have one) fill it with premium. Run to the auto store and ask for RPX gas kicker (the emmsions fooler) if the person performing the test finds out you are using this you are automaticly red flaged. LOL beat the man...

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
              Some mechanics say that it is bad for the seals. I did it anyways and it helped.
              It is.

Comment

I used it in the gas tank, seems like idle is not as rough. I was thinking about putting some into the engine...don't think I will be doing that though. I just noticed an oil leak and think SeaFoam would be a bad idea..maybe after I replace some seals...
                emissions inspection is a bitch though..

Comment

dude I used it on my ar adn its smoother, and btw dude I wouldnt use it in my oil just the combustion side

My Members Ride Page

Comment

I just put 1/2 a can thru my brake booster and the other half in the gas tank. Ive got over 165k miles. I wouldnt put it in the crank case tho.

A side note. I have never seen anything anywhere about not using it on cars over 150k miles other than on this forum.
                    Last edited by Akira_kj; 02-15-2007, 08:47 PM.
                    I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

this is probably what would happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHcBW9AIlLM
                      "Am i crazy? Or am i so sane that i just blew your mind?"

Comment

Originally posted by accordvince
                        this is probably what would happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHcBW9AIlLM
                        Yup, pretty close to that. I ran 1/2 can through the brake booster and the other 1/2 in the gas tank (tank was at about 1/2). I'm still running that tank of gas and it is still blowing black smoke! Lots of carbon to burn off, I guess...
                        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Still? Black smoke? Carbon burns white. thats why its a huge WHITE cloud when you seafoam. Ive never seen any black smoke come outta my car and i also put in 1/2 a bottle in 1/2 tank of gas. id get that checked.
                          I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Working...
                          X