Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f23 in a cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe they did that with a h23 head...
    Yeah but f22a4/6 would be less machine work and cheaper.

Comment

I guess that would be all right if you were just going for the
      "oh well that is different" effect

But my question...if you are really going for cheaper higher power...would the f23 block f 22 head make more power and/or torque than just the h22 by itself? Or the f23 with h22 head. Or does the h22 still do better?

I personally would just use the h22...less hybridization, and that means it will be easier to do repairs and find parts...and easier to find help.

wonder which would make more power though...I'm betting the h22 alone.
      ____

Comment

The H22 would make more HP but the F23/F22 should make more TQ which is what I'm wanting. The F23 blocks also have a longer stroke(97mm) compared to the H22( i think, 90.7mm) which helps in this.

If I was going to go H series I would go H23 due to the bigger bore and no vtec.
        I don't want or need vtec. I don't plan on running my motor past 6-6500.
        Also using the F22 head I will only need to buy 1 cam/cam gear not two.

Finding a H23 motor for less or the same money for what I'd spend for whats listed above would be a challenge. IMO

Not sure if I've gone too far off topic from the OP. If I have I apologize.

Comment

I'm going to have to do some searching now on bisimoto...n/a power owequitit???
          ____

Comment

I would have to agree w/ Dankspeed. I was also considering this b/c i want a motor w/ low mileage. Yeah the F22X is a good motor, but the mileage is going to be high...and i don't want to rebuild 1. I'm just looking for something as a daily driver.
            Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

Go for it man,if u dont have between $800-$1000 on an h22. I'am going with a f22b1 since i cant afford an h22.
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

What do i need to do this kind of head swap?

Is it just like any ordinary head swap or is there something special i need to do or parts? I'm definately interested in doing it.
                Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

sorry to jump in but i have a question. my f22a6 blow and i have a f23 auto. will the f22 sitck transmission fit on the f23, also will the f22a ecu work or do i have to buy another one. and last which harness would be best to use in my cb7 the 94-97, 98-01. thanks

Comment

I was thinking about doing this swap once, f23 w/ the a6 topend, I think that way the cb harness would plug right in. Correct me if not.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

the auto f23 accord (2000 model) pulls on a manual f22 93 accord...well my wifey and I were on a roll and she was ahead of me...by the time I realized what she was doing it was too late. I might have gained/kept up if I down shifted to 3 instead of 4...I'll see if I can get her to race me again to see how much of a difference her 15-20 hp does over me...*sigh...her car isn't THAT much heavier then mine my curb of 2733 vs her curb of 2948. I have f22a1 right now...might be pretty even.

sorry, back on topic
                      Honestly for the money, the h22 is a better bet. The f23 in my fiance's car is dohc and h22 is dohc, both have vtec...the f23 has larger displacement then the h22 yet the h22 still has more power.

Go with the h22...I believe you will be much happier
                      ____

Comment

Working...
                      X