Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Omni power Vs. TEIN coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni power Vs. TEIN coilovers

I have a set of TEIN basic damper which is a decents ride but a bit soft and not adjustable.
    Stay with the TEIN's or go for the Omni's?

Originally posted by Fugh22
    I have a set of TEIN basic damper which is a decents ride but a bit soft and not adjustable.
    Well for one thing, why don't you tell us what your aiming for. AutoX, track, DD? You do know about the stiffness of the Omni's right? Its a tradeoff between handling and comfort. Take your pick, its ultimately your decision.

Comment

Good call. I'm looking for the stiffness and more for AutoX/Road racing.

Originally posted by HondaB18
      Well for one thing, why don't you tell us what your aiming for. AutoX, track, DD? You do know about the stiffness of the Omni's right? Its a tradeoff between handling and comfort. Take your pick, its ultimately your decision.

Comment

ive run both ss and basics. ss are much better for more race driving especially in conjunction with a nice sway bar kit.
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I would never swap out my Teins....way to much daily driving. I hope you are truly going to use those O's for some track time. If not...don't bother.

Comment

i'm under the impression they dont make omni's for our cars anymore, thats coming from 3 places i've checked. all came back negatory.
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

i am also looking at full coils not to thread jack. but i don care about comfort. I want somthing for autox.
              Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Tein Basics aren't really performance coilovers. They're entry-level full coilovers, made for people who want a "fancy" suspension, but don't want to sacrifice a good ride.

If you want autocross performance, Omnipower will probably very good. As will the more expensive Tein models (SS, Flex, etc... remember the Acura models that can fit our cars... that gives you more options). It may also be wise to just go with some adjustible Koni shocks and some good springs (Neuspeed or H&R, I would say). Adjustible coilovers are great when you understand all of the intricacies of proper suspension tuning (do you plan on cornerweighting every time you adjust?). Keeping it simple may be most suited to most.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  As will the more expensive Tein models (SS, Flex, etc... remember the Acura models that can fit our cars... that gives you more options).
                  which models are those again? I could definately use different options for suspension set ups

Comment

If your definately lookin to use your ride for autox i recommend the omnipower coilovers...you can find them on passwordjdm.com for $689.99 + S&H
                    JDM H22A LSD Powered 92 Accord
                    193.9 HP, 149.5 TQ
                    Skunk2 Pro Intake Manifold, Custom Header with 2.5in. mandrel bent exhuast
                    Accuracy Automotive-757-548-9227

Comment

Omnis are good but a bit bouncy for daily. Tein SS would be the least I would go if you are tracking. Basics are alright I guess but I would go SS since the springs is a bit stiffer and such but yea.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

anyone consider Ksports or D2s???? i mean if ur talking track ive heard from numerous sources that those 2 ^^ surpass TEIN SS or OMNI. just thought i would throw those in there for ya.
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by Fugh22

Another option you may wish to consider is the AMR Engineering Coilovers.

AMR Engineering Coilovers

These coilovers are sold for our cars. You may need to call for pricing.
                          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

The Omin streets aren't too bad for daily driving. A bit harsh when first installed, especially with too much tire pressure.
                            Once mine settled and was all adjusted, it wasn't so bad, but definetly was more fun to drive. It is a little bouncy (very little). A four-wheel algiment was also an improvement.

Also tire PSI makes quite a difference. Been using 30 front and 28 rear on stock size tires, which is +/- 1 of the OEM spec.
                            I haven't found a sweet spot with my summer tires (205s on 15" wheels) yet. I think I've been using too high PSI (around 38 PSI)

My LX needs a rear sway bar. I think that with a new front will be nice. Also, I don't think the Omni's would be good for any rally-type racing, as the rears have a very short stroke. Though I don't know if any of the others would be any better.
                            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                              anyone consider Ksports or D2s???? i mean if ur talking track ive heard from numerous sources that those 2 ^^ surpass TEIN SS or OMNI. just thought i would throw those in there for ya.
                              I have heard some good things about Ksport. Those are something I would look into also. The TEIN's are pretty entry level.

Comment

Working...
                              X