Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beginners Guide to Modification

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'll tell ya I'm a greenhorn in the tuning world and that was exellent. Defenately keeping all of that information. Thanks!!

Good-by F22, Give me an H22!!

Comment

Thanks man, great read. I've looked over several times now.
      rep system... we'll see about this.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Nice Write Up!!!!!
        2002 WRX Wagon = My Baby
        1993 CB7 Accord Ex Sedan = View it here

Comment

BUMP for noobs. Later

Comment

Do you really need to bump a sticky? hahah. Just kidding, But yes, it's a great thread.
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Woo I'm a noob! At tuning anyways took out my cat, got rims and soon to lower about an inch. Then tint, body work, big ass cone air filter and thats about all I can afford probably.

Comment

That was an easy read and very well written also very easy to understand thanks.

Comment

awsome tread will teach alot of peaple....
                  cb7's and three titty women with two vaginas is all we need in life j/k
                  MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

Good thread man, very thorough, and straightforward. As for my opinion on backpressure, I believe its bad, my logic tells me that backpressure is a great way to put extra stress on the engine, and in my opinion can lower engine life drastically, because the exhaust cannot escape quickly enough.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

nice info on everything!!

Comment

thanks that taught me a thing or two. but before i saw this, i already posted the noob questions you were trying to prevent, o well. thanks

Comment

I think this weekend I'm gonna hit up some junkyards and try to clean up my car a little bit, i.e. bumper cover, side mirror, etc. Maybe I'll post some pics after
                          Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc
                            Good thread man, very thorough, and straightforward. As for my opinion on backpressure, I believe its bad, my logic tells me that backpressure is a great way to put extra stress on the engine, and in my opinion can lower engine life drastically, because the exhaust cannot escape quickly enough.
                            I am yet to see anything showing that Back Pressure lowers engine life... The only time I can see Back Pressure hurting the engine is if the exhaust was plugged and it couldnt escape..

Back Pressure in some areas of the world is regulated by the government.. In some cases, low back pressure means a very loud exhaust note.. There are a few cities around here that regulate the maximum decibles that a vehicle, whether it is a car/truck/motorcycle/etc can legally make..

The technology to enforce this kind of thing is usually very expensive and the technology's accuracy vary's depending on other conditions such as the weather and the distance that the monitoring device is from the possible offender.. This is the same technology that is used during stereo sound competitions but with more variables for the results to be accurate. Later

Comment

sweet dude this helps out A LOT! well actually, only the part about sway bars and brakes. the rest i knew beforehand.

THIS CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO ME SO STOP GIVING ME COMPLIMENTS!! although it is quite nice....

Vehicular Lunacy At Its Finest

Comment

Working...
                              X