Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beginners Guide to Modification

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info guys...you have a well run forum.

Comment

Originally posted by cebese7en
      great guide, it has become my checklist. is there going to be a stage 2?
      That could be possible. Throw me some suggestions on what kind of info you are looking for and I will see if I can't track you down some answers.

Originally posted by lokuputha
      sweet write up!...this should be required reading in order to be initiated into CB7tuner Member stutus
      Would have to talk to Deev about that but it sounds like a great idea to me. Later

Comment

Great write up. I have been planning on changing the suspension in my car for a long time, but i always had ppl tell me that after their spring change the car ride has changed etc. i think it is mainly because ppl only did half the work. Thanks again... now i just plan to get koni yellows and eibach.. yeyeah.

cb7... didn't even know my accord could sound so..so..so cool..

Comment

Excellent...learned a few things, and cleared up some uncertainties.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

what a great way to start me off .................. im lovin da cb7tuner site already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT START

Comment

wow this is a great job major props

my cb7

Comment

Great write up!! Sure does help. Thanks for taking the time to do it

Comment

Thanks for all the props everyone. All I have is time. So figured I would create a place to find some of the answers to the most common questions on here. Glad to see I could help so many people. Later

Comment

nice info.... really nice. do you know how to adjust the clutch. i have to come all the way up off the cluth before the car starts moving. the clutch doesnt skid though. my father (pro mechanic in jamaica) said i shouldnt change the clutch i should adjust it...
                    Last edited by skilzz; 02-22-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

this is cool. good job

Comment

Great job helping newbies

Although most of this was already known it's a good way to remind a person what really should be done because some of us tend to think we know everything but little steps along the way. Thanks again for the great post

Comment

i was just wonderin ? how can i start to improve the performance without reading this post- J/K this has been probably the most helpful guide/tutorial i just want to give props to you all this has been a very interesting year for me considering i realized the potential my car has and it wouldn't have been possible without your help Spleen thanks again Madd Props.

Comment

Glad I could help so many.. Since the Rep Points system is up and running feel free to shoot me and anyone else that has helped you some rep points. Just click on the little scale down in the bottom left of a post by the person's rep you want to add to. Later

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              Like he said in the post, it hasn't been scientifically proven.

"backpressure" really is a myth. It actually has to do with the velocity of the exhaust gas, and a lot of other factors.

But yes, if you go too big, then there can be a bad effect.

Many Honda engines seem to respond like larger engines though, because I have seen some gains all through the power band with exhausts that you would think would be too big.
                              Yea, like crazy bastads like myself going 3" exhaust piping on an all-motor setup
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i would think that since you would be using most of the upper range of your rpm and also one would think you would move your powerband to that area(cams, timing, etc.), would need essentially the same diameter piping as though a FI motor would see due to the same amount of volume would be seen all the time........as far as my understanding of velocity and turbulence goes

that would bring up the fact more displacement motor need a bigger piping as well(well for us 2.0 and up, what honda goes above a 2.4liter???), so those 1.8liters and down(teggies,civis, fits) motors would need like 2.50" but anything bigger would need 2.50 and up

ok, back to learning.........
                                "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X