Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beginners Guide to Modification

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beaz
    I never realized the issue with the exhaust piping diameter on small engines... it makes sense that a loss in backpressure would result in a loss of torque... but it never crossed my mind. Thanks for the info.

Like he said in the post, it hasn't been scientifically proven.

"backpressure" really is a myth. It actually has to do with the velocity of the exhaust gas, and a lot of other factors.

But yes, if you go too big, then there can be a bad effect.

Many Honda engines seem to respond like larger engines though, because I have seen some gains all through the power band with exhausts that you would think would be too big.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

You did a great job and I knew a lot of this but the wheel and tire part helped me out along with the brake part.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Good job, very well explained. Now if only it would be read by the newbies....

Maybe this page should be shown before signing up to the forum lol.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          Like he said in the post, it hasn't been scientifically proven.

"backpressure" really is a myth. It actually has to do with the velocity of the exhaust gas, and a lot of other factors.
          Very true. Out of all the sites that I searched and even asked a few mechanics/muffler installers randomly picked from the phone book... None of them could point me to any studys that showed this beyond a shout of a doubt to be true or false. The majority of the sites and people that I spoke to all did agree that it is very possibly that this could play some role. Later

Comment

wow u did a great job with the susp./brake guide.

Comment

hey i was wondering, i bought some performance headers on my stock f22a1 engine. i think they are spoon headers but me being cheap and retarded i bought them from ebay. but my problem is that the headers are in contact to the coolant hoses. i noticed there to be space that i can scoot the headers a smudge over while still having contact with the block but still i have contact with the coolant hoses. whats the deal with that?

Comment

I havent heard of the Header and coolant lines touching... Are you sure you have the correct fitiment of header for your application? And just FYI your header is more then likely some random person with a torch that welded the spoon emblem or whatever says spoon onto some off brand header from ebay. Spoon did not make parts for the CB7's. Later

Comment

damn, i knew it, thanks. im glad they havent cracked yet but the paints alreay chipping. well u live and learn but for me that comes at a big price tag. thanks im a newb but hey i read what u wrote and i must, well done sir. o also correct it wasnt the coolant hoses, it was the ac hoses if u know wat i mean, i u want i can put some pics on
                  Last edited by cornerkid322; 01-20-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Props to u dude. The H.P breaking and shock absorbers parts helped me alot.

Comment

Originally posted by F22NVtec
                      Props to u dude. The H.P breaking and shock absorbers parts helped me alot.
                      Thanks man... The suspension and breaking part took me the longest to put together since I have VERY limited experience with that aspect. It is all stock on my CB so I didnt have much knowledge of my own to go off of. Again if anyone finds anything at all incorrect or can think of anything to add, PLEASE LET ME KNOW and I will fix/add it. Later

Comment

help me fo sho

man you wrote that great man thanx a lot i learned couple of things i hadn't known before thanx again

Comment

very informative
                          waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

Comment

This is a really good sticky, I love reading them, I learn a lot from these.

Comment

great guide, it has become my checklist. is there going to be a stage 2?

MY RIDE

Comment

sweet write up!...this should be required reading in order to be initiated into CB7tuner Member stutus
                                DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                                X