Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

For all those with idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This worked wonders my car no longer idles rough
    Thanks

Comment

For the record..my car idled/reved by itself up from 1000 to like 2500 on its own..it was my radiator..it had no fluid, it was coroded..so that could be a possibility for some.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
      out of the game for now but looking

Comment

Doing what was suggested helped my idle problem, but it wont hurt to get my rad checked out

Comment

um...so after i tightened it it seemed great..but it was while the car was warm.
          the other day i started it and it was kinda cold ya know and it didnt like warm up. you know how it usually revs to like 1500 - 2000 to warm up. well mine was like like 900 and when i shifted it to R it dropped even more like almost dead lol.... so um i guess im asking if i need to replace it or if its something else.
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

bump
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride
            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

Pictures doesn't work just red x

Comment

A thread I made after repeated issues

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=1221752

if you have any more questions ask away!
                ____

Comment

this doesnt help me

ok so i have done everything and anything that the books and this thread has said and my car with the IACV plugged in idles at 4k rpms with it unpluged idles at 1900-2100 surging

heres whati have done
                  1 engine replacement f22a1-f22a4
                  2 trpile checked everything
                  3 adjusted the idle screw all the way tight
                  4 tightened the FICV
                  5 cleaned the IACV
                  6 reset the ecu for adjustments

but still rev high and never goes down plus my fan doesnt ever come on i have removed the a/c i have no idea please help

"accidents in the back seats cause kids"
                  but who says that i
                  have back seats in my sedan

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

Originally posted by AK-49-CB7 View Post
                    ok so i have done everything and anything that the books and this thread has said and my car with the IACV plugged in idles at 4k rpms with it unpluged idles at 1900-2100 surging

heres whati have done
                    1 engine replacement f22a1-f22a4
                    2 trpile checked everything
                    3 adjusted the idle screw all the way tight
                    4 tightened the FICV
                    5 cleaned the IACV
                    6 reset the ecu for adjustments

but still rev high and never goes down plus my fan doesnt ever come on i have removed the a/c i have no idea please help
                    you have an intake leak...check your gaskets and vacuum lines
                    ____

Comment

after i adjusted it the next day it was kinda cold out and when i did it it didnt have the norm warm up rev.. and when i shifted it to reverse it like almost died and was idle at like 200? what can this mean?
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                        after i adjusted it the next day it was kinda cold out and when i did it it didnt have the norm warm up rev.. and when i shifted it to reverse it like almost died and was idle at like 200? what can this mean?
                        either you set it too low or your fitv needs adjusting...try keeping your idle around 700-900...not "spec" but works fine for me
                        ____

Comment

When I start my car it goes to 2rpm maybe some times a little higher and when it warms up it goes to a little over 1rpm and it starts jumping back and forth from 1500rpm to 2500rpm and I tried all those things what can it be? thanks for your help.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                          My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
                            When I start my car it goes to 2rpm maybe some times a little higher and when it warms up it goes to a little over 1rpm and it starts jumping back and forth from 1500rpm to 2500rpm and I tried all those things what can it be? thanks for your help.
                            screw could be backing out...

could be a vacuum leak
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              screw could be backing out...

could be a vacuum leak
                              Ook I tried everything today again and it idle fine but when you go to start it, it starts as if it has no power and then it goes back to normal.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                              My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

haha i actually just did this 5 mins ago after reading this.. worked like a charm.... my idle was off cause i dropped a new motor in but used my old intake.. so had to adjust it
                                You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                                Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Working...
                                X