Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vibration

im getting some bad vibrations under braking, but i only get when i exit the interstate. i think its the pads or rotors. is this correct?? are they hard to replace?
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

sounds like the rotors are warped and they are a bitch to replace good luck though

Comment

uh oh... lol. i was thinking about just getting drilled and slotted anyways. how much would you estimate a shop would charge to put them in?
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

pep boys would probly want a couple hudred for everthing for the front there is a DIY on here if you are up to it and I would not bother getting any of those drilled slotted ones one ebay just go with some brembo solids the ones you see on ebay are just drilled by some idiot in a shop trying to make money by buying a cheap 20$ rotor drilling holes in it and sell it for 60 good luck though

Comment

if the rotors are the problem and you do decide to replace the rotors, why not do it yourself and save some money with the help of this DIY:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=50708

just a suggestion man. if you go to a shop tho its probably gonna be pretty expensive. good luck
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

If you can only feel the vibration in the brake pedal when stopping...try using your e-brake to stop by pushing and holding the button on the brake handle...do not try to lock up the brakes...the purpose of this test is to check if the vibration is coming from the front or the rear...if the vibration goes away when you use the e-brake only...then the problem is up front...if the vibration does not go away...then you have a problem with the rear brakes...good luck.
            "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
            ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
            US Navy Electrician
            Contact me if you need help on the side.
            '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
            '01 Civic LX
            '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

i did the DIY
              took about 5 hours..
              with lunch and going back and forth to autozone.
              i just got stock replacement from autozone..
              but yeah drilled and slotted are pointless. (search)
              if anything just get slotted or solid
              uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

yeah i was really only thinking drilled and slotted for the looks to be honest. my accord may very well never be (but hopefully will be) fast enough to utilize drilled and slotted rotors, but they sure look sweet. i might try the DIY, but im a real bone head when it comes to working on my car. i mean i want to, but if i mess it up, im screwed, its my only car, and none of my familys gonna let me drive there cars thats for sure.

Comment

if you dont want to replace ur rotors jus yet, have them resurfaced. they grind each rotor and pad down straight... sears does it for like 15-20 bucks each rotor&pad, my sister had all 4 wheels done for like 80 bucks. u can do that to hold out on buying new pads and rotors.
                  1990 Accord EX Sold
                  1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
                  1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by NYKnick1015
                    if you dont want to replace ur rotors jus yet, have them resurfaced. they grind each rotor and pad down straight... sears does it for like 15-20 bucks each rotor&pad, my sister had all 4 wheels done for like 80 bucks. u can do that to hold out on buying new pads and rotors.
                    Unfortunately with the wonderful design Honda chose for this generation vehicle there is no cheap option. Although resurfacing the rotors themselves is inexpensive it take several labor hours to remove the rotors and reinstall them on these particular cars.

If I where you turbomaxx I would just save the money and have the whole brake job done at a trust worthy shop if you are uncomfortable working on your car.

If you are comfortable then just convert it to rotor over hub like most every other car or go 5 lug.
                    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

my bmws brakes got warped a couple months ago when i was on the freeway and slammed on the brakes slowing down from just over 110, got the new brakes but no time to install

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                        Unfortunately with the wonderful design Honda chose for this generation vehicle there is no cheap option. Although resurfacing the rotors themselves is inexpensive it take several labor hours to remove the rotors and reinstall them on these particular cars.

If I where you turbomaxx I would just save the money and have the whole brake job done at a trust worthy shop if you are uncomfortable working on your car.

If you are comfortable then just convert it to rotor over hub like most every other car or go 5 lug.
                        Being that I am a technician and having worked in several different shops I have found out and have been trained on the on car brake lathe....this cool device resurfaces the rotors with no more labor than removing the caliper...and being that it attaches to the hub, it allows for a better resurfacing than having it done on a conventional brake lathe. most shops that do alot of brakes or keep up to date with new equipment should have this....Honda should have one, but just call around and do some pricing, and ask if they can resurface rotors on the car....this will save you tons of money in labor...just make sure you research it...call Honda first, and then call a few more places and do a comparison. peace.
                        "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

US Navy Electrician
                        '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                        '01 Civic LX
                        '00 Tahoe

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107
                          Being that I am a technician and having worked in several different shops I have found out and have been trained on the on car brake lathe....this cool device resurfaces the rotors with no more labor than removing the caliper...and being that it attaches to the hub, it allows for a better resurfacing than having it done on a conventional brake lathe. most shops that do alot of brakes or keep up to date with new equipment should have this....Honda should have one, but just call around and do some pricing, and ask if they can resurface rotors on the car....this will save you tons of money in labor...just make sure you research it...call Honda first, and then call a few more places and do a comparison. peace.
                          Only a couple shops do not a lot have them. I was trained to use this at my school too. Its useful they have honda specific ones and such. But not all brake only shops carry this. You can prob find them at the deler but lil private shops are rarely gonna carry that lathe. Honestly I havent seen one in a normal shop. Just dealerships.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

being a car bone head mysel if would just like to say you can do it

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              Only a couple shops do not a lot have them. I was trained to use this at my school too. Its useful they have honda specific ones and such. But not all brake only shops carry this. You can prob find them at the deler but lil private shops are rarely gonna carry that lathe. Honestly I havent seen one in a normal shop. Just dealerships.
                              Locally I have seen places like Meineke, Kramer Tire, and Pep Boys with this machine as well as the dealerships that I have worked for in the past four years....It's pretty common to find around here....but I never said you would find them in privately owend shops....most shop owners (including the shop I work for currently) will keep using the equipment they bought 800 years ago until they absoultely have to replace it....they don't like to buy all the fancy stuff.

US Navy Electrician
                              '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                              '01 Civic LX
                              '00 Tahoe

Comment

Working...
                              X