Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need some camber help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some camber help

ok so i got 17" rims put on my car and the guy that put them on said i need to get my cambers adjusted because my wheel would toe in since i put a bigger wheel then what i had before and that the tread would wear out very quickly on the inside....

so my questions are what are cambers? where do i need to take the car to get them adjusted? and is it necessary?

i used the search and wasnt exactly sure...all i found was that people were putting adjustable camber kits on and im not sure what they are or what they do

so any help or info would be very appreciated
    thanks

When you put bigger wheels and/or lower your car your camber turns toward the negative side, or in other words your wheels, looking at them from the front of the car, look something like this: / \

Instead of close to parallel, which is this: l l

You get it? thats why when you dont adjust the camber, the tires wear out on one side quickly.

The camber kit, If im not mistaken, goes on or replaces the upper control arm. It pushes the top of the steering knuckle outward making the tire straighter.

so try to picture it. /<-- -->\

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

our cars dont come with an adjustable camber so you have to buy a camber kit to adjust the camber.

Comment

So when I take my car in for an alignment, they cant adjust the camber just the tow?
        07 Kia Sportage (Her car)
        91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

Originally posted by johnwiltfongjr
          So when I take my car in for an alignment, they cant adjust the camber just the tow?
          i need this question answered as well....and also is it nessecary since i didnt lower my car and just put some bigger wheels on or should i look into getting a camber kit?

Comment

When you take the car to be aligned they will tell you depending on your drop that the car cannot make it into the "green" you will need to purchase a camber kit for the front wheels. Usually if you have a good mech. he will install these for you when you go to get aligned, then your car can be in the green ( meaning that the wheels will sit on the groung level like they should and not cause uneven wear on your tires) for the rear again if you have a good mech. he should know how to shim the back control arms out to adjust the rear camber, it only takes a few washers to get the rear all straigtened out. Hope that helps.

Comment

ok yea thanks that helps alot

Comment

to make a long thread short, just buy an spc caber kit off ebay, install it and take your car to the alignment shop.
                if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

Working...
                X