Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

newbie here with a couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie here with a couple questions

Hello to everyone ! My name is Brandon. I am a former owner of a 1986 accord lxi and former member of 3geez.com This wednesday I will become the new owner of a 93 accord lx. It has a leaking head gasket, the clutch loses pressure and collapses to the floor, and the catilytic converter was chopped off (someone stole it ) that's the bad, the good is that it has a straight body, immaculate interior and no rust. First I plan to replace the cylinder head, figure out what's wrong with the clutch and fix it (I'm thinking new clutch master cylinder) and have a straight pipe welded on in place of the cat.
    It has the 2.2 sohc f22 motor. Is this a motor worth mods ? Is there good aftermarket support for it ? If so where should I start ? What should I do first ? Everyone's help, suggestions and advice are appreciated. I look forward to future projects with the accord and being a member of cb7 tuner .

Use the above search button and you shall see. Just look around the site and it will answer lots of questions for you. We are here to help, but only if you are willing to help yourself FIRST. Go to the performance section first.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

welcome to the site.....djcaz is correct, the search button is your best friend, but it's ok to post newb questions in the begginer forums. however, you didn't really ask a lot.

i agree about the clutch, same thing happened in my Toyota 4Runner, and it was the cylinder.

as for whether the engine is worth modding, it all depends on what you want to do. if you're planning naturally aspirated or turbo, those two choices will affect your long term decision about what engine you want... if you want a good daily driver with nice pep, or a stripped down speed demon, that will affect your decision too.....always provide details and context with your questions and you will recieve better replies....good luck!
      1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

I'm thinking daily driver with some extra pep.
        (although for some reason I can't get h22 out of the back of my head)
        I'm off to search !
        What about gsr turbo ?
        Last edited by 93-accord-lx; 12-26-2006, 12:33 AM.

Comment

excellent grasshopper, you learn quickly lol

yeah, i'm in the same boat, H22 is always lurking in the background......but i'll never do it.....maybe an f22b dohc ....but yeah, i'm not losing my ac and powersteering and gas tank and battery or anything either, just want a nice, fast-ish car. tho the f22a4 in my 90 exr is not too shabby.....i know everyone laughs at stock, but i'm very impressed at the pep and top end for this modest and economical 4 banger.

just throw on some bolt-ons and enjoy the ride! good luck!

edit: what about the gsr?

Comment

ehh, I was just wondering if a gsr swap was possible in a cb7. Even if it is, h22 would be more practical.

Comment

yeah, stick with the h and f series engines....much simpler...

btw-why'd you give up the 86? I friggin love that body design..pop up lights rule! Seriously tho, how'd you love it? Cuz I know you didn't just like it. lol

Comment

The 86 was my first honda love. The only reason I let her go was because she had too many problems and a bent frame. The 3rd gen accords are my all time favorite, I plan on getting an 89 lxi as soon as the time and money are right and I find the right one.

Comment

cool, I'm with you 100%....my family's first Honda was an 87 accord dx 5spd. that car was sweet! unfortunately, they're really hard to get nowadays as the body wasn't built to handle salt and north american climates....at least in my area the 3g's are all but gone now....it's a shame, my dream is to eventually find one that has been rustproofed and cared for and make her into a civic destroyer!!!

Comment

Dude, most definitely stick with the h or f series. A turbo gsr would be great in a civic (or 'teg, duh) but it's kinda like going backwards for a cb. You could build the hell out of the motor and make it fast, but its still a 1.8; but if you go with an f22 or h22 you got more torque. And there's some pretty potent turbo f22s on here...check those out!

Comment

my opinion, just buy and h22, it solves all your probs.
                      if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

Working...
                      X