Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

couple of ?'s about my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of ?'s about my car

i got ebay coil overs and i put them on and i have really bad camber and my parents want me to get a camber kit cuz they think it is unsafe to drive. but it will be 300 dollars so i was thinking about getting some tokico struts and springs and i was wondering if it would be better to buy the struts cuz they would cost only a little more then the camber kit or if i got those would i still give me realy bad camber so i was wondering would it be worth it?
    also i got a 92 lx 2dr and i was wondering does the speaker cover pop off so i can get 2 the speaker or do u have 2 take the whole door panel off
    Thanks 4 your help
    Im Big and Im Andy!!

Originally posted by Big Andy
    i got ebay coil overs and i put them on and i have really bad camber and my parents want me to get a camber kit cuz they think it is unsafe to drive. but it will be 300 dollars so i was thinking about getting some tokico struts and springs and i was wondering if it would be better to buy the struts cuz they would cost only a little more then the camber kit or if i got those would i still give me realy bad camber so i was wondering would it be worth it?
    also i got a 92 lx 2dr and i was wondering does the speaker cover pop off so i can get 2 the speaker or do u have 2 take the whole door panel off
    Thanks 4 your help
    $300 for a camber kit? Where are you buying it from?

Comment

yeah dude for that price get a whole new suspension kit i had thoes ebay crap hated them bad idea the sleeves will go bad in no time

Comment

yeah and who is selling a camber kit for that price u can get them around maby 60 buxs i thought

Comment

when you say coilovers do you mean just the coilover sleeves or full ones. if they are just sleeves ive heard that they can slip but thats just what ive heard from people.

ive seen camber kits go for between $80 - $150 for 2 wheels and around $150 - $250 at the most for a complete 4 wheel kit.
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

I'm sure he has sleeves. And stock struts.

Honestly, do it right. Replace the struts with quality new ones that are made to be lowered (Koni Yellows, Tokico Blues, even KYB GR2s are better than stock). Then get either some quality lowering springs, or a well known set of sleeves (even those aren't great). Better yet, get a good set of full coilovers. Tein Basics, Tein SS, D2, Omnipower. There are many choices.

Then get a camber kit.

It doesn't matter how good your struts and springs are, lowering the car will cause negative camber. The lower you go, the more negative camber you get.

Negative camber is caused by the changes in the car's suspension geometry. By lowering the car, you cause the wheels to flare out at the bottom. This actually increases stability and control... until the insides of your tires wear down. I had mild camber issues and wide wheels... I saw the results in about 5000 miles. 10,000 miles and my tires were done.

Don't get a cheapie ebay camber kit, either. Especially for the fronts. Get something from Ingalls or SPC to be safe. You don't want to mess with your suspension! The rear can be fixed by a camber kit from those same companies, or you can use washers. Many people use washers here. Technically it's a bad idea, but I have yet to see someone have a problem with them. Search the DIY section of this forum to learn how to do that.

Finally, once you have everything you need, GET A PROPER ALIGNMENT! Make sure it's done by a shop that understands lowered cars, as inexperienced shops can make the situation worse (or charge you more when they have to take extra time to figure it out).

Comment

thanks 4 all your help i think i am gonna get the tein basic coilovers or tokicko blues cuz i have heard both are really good and my coilovers from ebay were just the spring the cheap 1's that r like 40 bucks and i think the camber kit was so much cuz that was instalation also
              Im Big and Im Andy!!

Comment

Working...
              X