Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New thermostat New problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New thermostat New problem

Well, it just keeps getting worse. I put a new thermostat in since the old one was sticking open (no heat,brr) and well, the return of pressure and hot water exposed a hidden crack in the top of the radiator. It looks old but now it's showing off like old faithful! New one about $110. ca-ching

that sucks, how are the hoses and clamps?

Comment

check the cooling fan relays too -- also pricey but you can switch the fan relay with the window relays (windows still worked for me)

Be Clean

Comment

So what your saying is everything is fine now except the fact that your radiator is leaking?

Put a new one in it

Comment

I hope so, it's one thing after another. The radiator will have to wait and the car is inside. I have'nt finished the sound system yet anyway, I had two bad units from Crutchfield and they forgot my third one This car needs an exocisim!

Comment

OK thats fixed now for a new post on the next problem

Comment

shit happens with 15 year old cars,
              Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                shit happens with 15 year old cars,

Comment

Make sure that you used a Honda brand stat....here is a pic of the difference:
                  (also make sure to use the new gasket that comes with the honda stat)
                  Attached Files

Comment

damn that honda stat looks on boost and the other one looks on crack. lol
                    if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

I used the cheap stat cause it's hotter, more heat in the morning. I did use the oem gasket though, the cheap one was a friggin joke! I'll use the stock stat in the summer.

Comment

what could happen if you dont have a stat in the winter?
                        if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

the car would take longer to warm up im assuming but i wouldnt do it. if you dont see the pros take shortcuts like that then its for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpt62
                            the car would take longer to warm up im assuming but i wouldnt do it. if you dont see the pros take shortcuts like that then its for a reason
                            Check your coolant mixture. Did you buy it premixed 50/50 or did you mix it yourself? If your coolant has too much water than antifreeze then your in trouble not only because of boiling water like you saw but in freezing temps, your coolant mixture will freeze solid inside the radiator causing an expansion which could be related to a stress crack in your radiator. I know my theory is logical and it sounds stupid but its possible that your coolant mixture has too much water.

Comment

If you cant afford the radiator at this moment be ghetto and jb weld or epoxy it lol.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X