Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new to forum ... been driving car for 6 years ... problems piling up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to forum ... been driving car for 6 years ... problems piling up.

Ok I inherited my parent's 1990 Accord EX Sedan Back in 2000. Since then its been my daily driver. I don't know much about cars but since I bought my Saabaru back in 05, I been working on it on my spare time. I still drive my accord everyday to work, but its starting to drive like crap and here are the symptoms. If you have any pointers please help out.

1. Speedometer doesn't work, nor does my millage. Its been stuck at 79,000 miles since 2003.

2. The S green light keeps on flashing

3. The check engine light is always on.

4. Steering wheel is loose, especially when i'm going 60mph+ there is alot of play. Maybe steering rack bushings?

5. The car rides like a boat especially over bumps. Probably running on stock struts and springs. I don't think my parents changed anything.

6. My front tires get eaten alive in the inside. I had my alignment done many times.

8. Stopping at full speed, I can feel my brakes giving out. Has this wobbly feeling. Maybe needs new pads or rotors.

9. My interior lights don't turn on. Door lights yes. But no dome light.
    1990 Accord EX Sedan
    2005 Saab 92X Aero aka Saabaru WRX Wagon

Check all of your ball joints. These cars don't have adjustable camber, in their stock form, so a worn upper ball joint could account for the uneven wear and braking shudder.
    Michael

Comment

1. VSS get it fixed. It will fix your speedo and should take away that S and check engine light.

2. As mentioned check your ball joints tie rod ends and all that good stuff make sure they arent ripped to hell.

3. If your brakes are giving out i would check your pads and return your rotors to get rid of the wobbling.

4. I think the interior/dome light has a fuse somewhere forgot which one it would be.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i'm going to let you in on a little secret that we cb7tuner.com members use very often.

Click here to solve Check Engine Light

actually book mark that link so as to not lose it.

since your speedo isn't working, more than likely the VSS or Vehicle Speed Sensor is dead.

similiar thread for VSS

as for the dome light, have you tried replacing the bulb? it might be something easy as a burnt bulb or a bad fuse maybe.

a lot of us also bought the Haynes 90-93 Accord book at the auto store.
        every chance i get i read a section of the manual before bed time. i believe it's well worth the 15 dollar price tag.

oh yeah, theres a "search" feature in the upper corner of the website. give that a try sometime, comes in handy a lot because people have been having the same problems as you except for the loose steering wheel. that's the first i've ever read of that problem.

let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, these guys/gals here are great at helping people solve their problems i know they helped me with quite a few of my own.

Comment

brakes ----> Repair/ Replace Master Cylinder

Comment

brakes ----> Repair/ Replace Master Cylinder
            Yeah, how far down does the pedal go before you have any pressure?
            If you put the pedal almost to the floor and are barely stopping then you deff. need to replace your master cylinder.
            1991 Accord SE

Comment

Like everyone said = VSS. The speedometer and odometer eventually fail. Aside from the rear quarter panel rust issues, this is another notorious problem for accords and is normal.

Comment

Thanks for the VSS tips, I just went and ordered one.

I assume its easy to install. I have yet to find an install guide.
                1990 Accord EX Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by VBRacer
                  Yeah, how far down does the pedal go before you have any pressure?
                  If you put the pedal almost to the floor and are barely stopping then you deff. need to replace your master cylinder.
                  If i'm going about 65+ mph and i need to stop. I have to press all the way. Brute force almost. But if i'm going 35-45 i can stop.

I guess this is sufficient.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW
                  1990 Accord EX Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by hamsuplo
                    If i'm going about 65+ mph and i need to stop. I have to press all the way. Brute force almost. But if i'm going 35-45 i can stop.

I guess this is sufficient.
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

yea you might want to jump on that brake problem like right now....

thats not safe lol

And yea if your int lights, rear defrost, turn signals, cigg lighter all work then its not the fuse probably just the bulb or the wiring because i blew the fuse for the int lights and none of that worked including my dome light.

edit- also the int setting for the wipers didnt work either.

Comment

Working...
                    X