Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats that big s***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats that big s***

I seen people with the big things on their intakes, what is that?

Will's Accord

well if thats anything like the AEM V2, its an extra chamber to collect water so that it doesnt flood your engine...then when throttle dies the water seeps back out.

Thats what ive been told, i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
      well if thats anything like the AEM V2, its an extra chamber to collect water so that it doesnt flood your engine...then when throttle dies the water seeps back out.

Thats what ive been told, i could be wrong.
      So it's better than a bypass valve? And why would you need that if it's a short ram.

Will's Accord

Comment

well i dont know about that one but my dude has the v2 and its intended as a cai, and he has that same extra chamber....i dont know if its better then a bypass valve but im sure you can use it in conjunction or be smart and get a sri.

Comment

the v2s technology has nothing to w/ water
          its dual chamber is ment to utilize only the middle of the intake stream where the air is the most consentrated

idk what those things are that will_accord posted though....im interested to find out too

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

its not for water, is a bigger chamber for air i believe

and its a complete intake, forgot what it was called
            Members Ride

Comment

i know someone else on here has one

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

this is what i was told.....

dont hate me...

edit- and it didnt make too much sense at the time but i could see it being possible so i dont know but id like to find out what it does for sure!

Comment

As mentioned has nothing to do with water or none that I have heard of. Prob more like intake volume and such. Going from a big pipe to a small pipe can cause a minor venturi effect maybe not sure on these intakes. But the main idea is that it will have a greater volume of intake air inside the intake.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Adding on to what NAiL05 said, this chamber is designed to create two flow paths of air, both of which flow at different velocities. When the two air paths meet, they create a vacuum, therefor multiplying the air speed and forcing more air into the intake at a higher rate, thus creating more horsepower. This is all dependent on the size, length and secondary tube diameters.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

If its similar to the ARC intake, Password JDM's "whale penis" or the infamous Iceman intake then it is chambered. It goes from a larger diameter piping to a smaller one. Throttle response is increased and there will be a faster velocity flow.

Taken from AEMPower.Com about the V2 intake

The AEM V2 utilizes a dual chamber (using two different diameters and lengths of piping) that creates multiple frequency sound waves to produce the largest area under the curve of any intake system on the market. These sound waves help charge the cylinders with more air throughout the entire rpm range and are what enables the V2 to outperform even our own Cold Air systems.
                      Using dual chambers, its basically two pipings one inside the other. The inner piping is suppose to be shielded from the outer temperatures, acting like a headshield.

I think it has to do with resonance frequency.

Comment

Working...
                      X