Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Strut/Sway/Tie Bars - Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut/Sway/Tie Bars - Ebay

I've noticed that on ebay they have strut/sway/tie bars for extremly cheap. I know the strut bars go on the top, rear/front and the tie bar goes on the bottom rear? What is to be expected from ebay quality with these items? and would they go good with stock suspension. Also wondering if all three of these items together would be too much of a stiff ride? If someone who has had experience with these ebay items could lmk how they're that'd be great.

Thanks

They work, just not the best. You get what you pay for. Ideally you would want one piece strut bars without hinges.
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

yes i was wondering this for my Rods
      what are good companies.
      and i'm sure this has been covered before
      you get what you pay for.

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=49|AC&type=12&ltype=ns_imp ort&p_id=838
      neuspeed is a winning design.
      Last edited by sirs1ayer; 12-05-2006, 05:35 PM.
      uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Yea, I figured they wouldn't match up to the top products. Just wondering if using all three will make the ride too stiff?

Comment

I don't have any aftermarket strut bars or sway bars yet but I would suggest getting a nice one for the front, such as the neuspeed. For the rear strut/lower tie bar, you could get something off eBay. As for stiffness, if you're on stock suspension, then it will prob. make your steering way more snappy and responsive but not alot stiffer. You'll get all your stiffness from springs/coilovers w/ higher spring rates over stock.

Comment

If you want decent quality strut bars for a fairly low price, Megan Racing is the way to go. Don't bother with the rear lower bar though... it really doesn't help our cars. Only get one of those if you like the looks.

As for sway bars, Suspension Techniques is probably the best and easiest to find. There really aren't any cheap alternatives.

To complete the package, get some springs, struts (or a full coilover system), and urethane bushings.

Comment

Neuspeed makes a GREAT front bar, you're right. 4 point mounting, instead of the usual 2 point. The only downside is that it doesn't work with DOHC engines. I can't use one. If you ever want to swap in a DOHC motor, the Neuspeed bar would need to go.

Comment

actually the rear tie bar does help alot, you just dont feel it, it makes the rear struts alot stiffer from the bottom and the top(if u have a upper strut bar), and it keeps the struts from moving left and right in and out of turns, it keeps the struts and wheels firmly planted with out rocking. if u have it on a car thats stock ride height with 0 camber you would definately feel the differnece
                1990 Accord EX Sold
                1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
                1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Neuspeed makes a GREAT front bar, you're right. 4 point mounting, instead of the usual 2 point. The only downside is that it doesn't work with DOHC engines. I can't use one. If you ever want to swap in a DOHC motor, the Neuspeed bar would need to go.
                  Only the H22 Mike.

Adam (H23Accord) had a Neu. bar on his car when he had the H23 in it. It just requires that you notch the VC.

I'll agree with everything in this thread. I had the Neu. bar on stock suspension and the difference was truly night and day.

I have a generic back bar and I didn't notice anything when I installed it. I'm not so sure the design of our cars would allow improvement via a rear bar. It does give something nice and secure to bolt a subwoofer box to, however.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                    i'm working on it mike, my boss has a couple ideas. so i'm gonna toss some ideas around and see if they are possible
                    i'll love you long time if you get it to work.
                    uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to find a used neuspeed front strut bar and grab a megan for the back. Then save up for some supsension in the future.
                      Last edited by MyCord; 12-06-2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

you get what you pay for. i wouldnt bother personally.

shell out for quality sway and strut bars, youll be happy in the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X