Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SeaFoam and Hydrolocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SeaFoam and Hydrolocking

Ok, Ive searched, and read I think every post about sea foam on this site and Im still looking for answers.

oK, so sea foam is a liquid, and to use it you suck 1/3 of a bottle slowly into the brake booster line with the engine running. Here is where the the opinions differ. Do you
    a. overload the booster line with sea foam tell it dies.
    or
    b. load it tell it idles down to near stall and shut it off.

After both your suposted to let it sit anywhere from 5 to 15 mins before attempting to restart.

I keep seeing the first come up over and over. Isnt this basicly hydrolocking your engine? I thought sea foam was combustable and there is alot more air comming in the intake than there is comming in the brake booster so wouldnt you need ALOT of sea foam to kill the engine... roughly the amount needed to hydrolock?

Im not trying to spread rumers about sea foam, it sounds like a worth while treatment but im not in the mood to replace rods and valves anytime this year.

Another concern is im running about 163,000 miles on my motor. Good Idea or bad idea to use this stuff. Any ways to limit the exposure to my gaskets and seals? (oil change after the stuff is burnt off?). Thanks.
    I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

when i do it i pour it in slowly through the brake booster line with a funnel while keeping the revs slighly up so the car wont die.....when i have done about 1/3 bottle i then shut it off it might run for a few seconds after shut off....i let it sit for like 10-15mins and then start er back up and drive it till it stops smoking.i have jsut about 130,000 miles on my car and have perfromed it atleast 4or5 times with no problems .....i have had no problems
    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

what is this "sea foam" treatment supposed to do?
      D-series.org

Comment

Originally posted by toddnos
        what is this "sea foam" treatment supposed to do?
        read this for detailed info

helps clean out the engine
        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

it's suppose to clean the carbon deposits within the engine.

Comment

Working...
          X