Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spinning Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinning Tires?

I have a 1990 dx 4 door, and no matter how much I try, I can't spin my tires at all. I dont even get a little squel or anything... just a very slow... slow take off. Do any of you guys with stock engines peel out? I have a SRI but that is about it

if you have an automatic, you can rev it to about 2-3K rpms and then shift to d4 from neutral and it peels out. Fucks up ur tranny though, but very cool lookin'

Comment

dont do that. if you wanna spin tires do it while turning. my car would do it while turing when it was an auto, now It is so easy to do it that I have to be carefull to no make em squel when im tunring and geting on it. smoking em off is cake. this is due to having very little tread left and having swaped to a manual.
      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
        dont do that. if you wanna spin tires do it while turning. my car would do it while turing when it was an auto, now It is so easy to do it that I have to be carefull to no make em squel when im tunring and geting on it. smoking em off is cake. this is due to having very little tread left and having swaped to a manual.
        the first time i did it, i did it on accident, pressed on the accelerator to early before it shifted, little squeek. second time i had a 95' taurus and did it on purpose because i was sellin' it. really fun to do though

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
          I have a 1990 dx 4 door, and no matter how much I try, I can't spin my tires at all. I dont even get a little squel or anything... just a very slow... slow take off. Do any of you guys with stock engines peel out? I have a SRI but that is about it
          u might need a flush or rebuild of ur tranny, i can floor n chirp em all the time, but whats fun in do'in that for? all it means is ur have 2 much power down low, suspension sucks, or shitty tires
          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

i cant ever doo it....only if i throw it in reverse...and then drive and while its rolling backwards slam on the acc. then it peels all day lol.

Ive only done that a few times because i know my tranny isnt going to take that abuse for long so im nice to her.

And the n-d4 thing tried once and my dashboard almost came loose so never again with that one lol.

Comment

this whole thread is sig material

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                yea but u gotta educate them, showin off actually does more harm than good
                "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Neutral drop=bad

Don't do a n drop it dramatically reduces the life of the transmission.

Comment

if your just wanting to spin tires lock up the rear wheel via e-break and give it gas but there is no point in wasting money cuz youll need tires and ther not cheap!! i dont recomend any of the methods but who am i to tell you what to do

RIP lilblue

Comment

if u want to show off, get an h22, wait till the races, blow them away in a family car

Comment

go onto watered down road - snow is best
                        pull your ebrake hard! and slam on the gas and hope your automatic trans will let you redline first gear

i have a 92lx auto sedan, and it works for me

if not, tune up your car for more power...

the second way is to step on the brake and then hit the gas (while holding brake) called "power braking" then let go of the brake for a launch - usually tires spin that way

if it still doesnt do it then im all out... soap?
                        Last edited by nostringz; 12-03-2006, 08:11 PM.

Be Clean

Comment

if u want to show off, get an h22, wait till the races, blow them away in a family car
                          werd..
                          or just swap a manual. i chirp all the time, and if i wanna squeal..no problems, just a little faster on the clutch feathering. dumping it gets me nowhere..

Comment

i was thinking the samething
                            if u wana burn out get a manual ,and if u really wana burn out get a v8,stop killing ur trans to make cool burn outs/

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                            Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Working...
                            X