Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Overheating fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating fans?

Ok after idleing for like ten minutes the temp gaugegoes 3/4's the way up and after like five more minutes the car is almost in the red zone I noticed my fans do not come on until i turn the car off the coolent is 50/50 and filled to the proper levels and the thermostat was just replaced just want to know why my fansonly come on when the car is off I tried turning on the a/c and the fan still does not turn on. Thanks

what color is your coolant when you take the radiator cap off when the car is cooled? just because you changed your thermostat doesnt mean it could be faulty just a thought. Also are you shooting any codes i remember when my thermoswitch thats screwed into the head of the block just below the distributor it would give false readings and cause the fans not to operate. pray its not your headgasket or waterpump

Comment

the coolent is a good color no oil or anything no codes no check engine light just the fans do not come on only when the car is off do i need to replace oe of those two coolent sensors or the fan timer or relay or somthing i dont think it is my headgasket or water pump both radiator hoses are the temp to the touch and the same stiffness

Comment

When you turn on the AC which fans turn on? Do none of them turn on? Could be a bad fan switch. IF one turns on at least with the AC on then the other thats not working needs the motor replaced. But I would make sure all your connections are connected but I would check the fan switch prob no good.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

no the fans do not come on when i turn on the a/c but when i turn off the car and it is hot enough the fan turn on and stay for about five to ten minutes they never come on when the car is on

Comment

Check the fan switch then prob sending the wrong signal or its jsut broke.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Check the fan switch then prob sending the wrong signal or its jsut broke.
              Thanks where is the fan switch you dont have a pic is that the thing on the thermostat or the thing under the dash no idea what i am looking for.
              thanks for your help

Comment

I think its located on the front radiator neck in the front of the car. if I remember its one of those I know its not on the t-stat housing. The parts store should be able to tell you. Havent replaced mine in a while.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if you or someone you know has a multimeter, check the switch for continuity, if there isn't any in the switch, then it has an open : / ie:bad switch
                  (\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < )

1991 Accord Ex Coupe:
                  -RAI, New(ish) cylinder head, high power alternator (wtf )
                  -Exhaust tip
                  -DIY PCV Filter
                  -DIY Oem Taillights
                  Umm, yeah, my car needs some T L C

People I've Purchased From: Kmart64,Yeamans17, (yournamehere )

Comment

so where exactly is this switch i have to replace? is it the one one the thermostat? thanks

Comment

when you replaced the thermostat did you bleed the coolant system? If there is air in the system it will overheat.

Also the fan switch is on the coolant neck right by the distrubitor. The top radiator hose goes to the neck.

Comment

ya i did bleed it when i change the thermostat and i did it again when i noticed the fans where not coming on while the car is on. thanks and you dont have a pick of what the switch looks like?

Comment

You cant miss the switch, It has a green connector i believe going into it, its a simple 2 wire connector. If you follow where the upper radiator hose goes you will see it infront of you. As mentioned before check the switch if its working or if its broken.

Comment

While your checking your cooling system, its not too bad of an idea to pressure test it. Check the radiator cap while your at it too.

Comment

the radiator is about 6 months old the cap looks like crap woud that be the reason the fans do not come on and how can i tell if one of the switchs are bad

Comment

Working...
                              X